New plugin PA by Wedge Force Teaser

satya

7 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

I can't find any information about it on the internet. And isn't it "Hydro"? Looks like Hydro on the screenshot.

opps someone realised. the plugin is yet to be released

7 hours ago, Wallace Ng said:

I find their previous guitars to be quite synthetic. If you are into that kind of sound maybe...

This.  They have yet to release anything I thought was even worth the $20 price point if looking for something that sounds like the real thing at least with me attempting to play it.

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Thank you for the voucher!

If you owned any of the following, then the price is $49.99. 

Ampeg, Diezel, ENGL, Friedman, Suhr or WEDGE FORCE product, Brainworx bx_bassdude, bx_blackdist2, bx_bluechorus2, bx_distorange, bx_greenscreamer, bx_megadual, bx_megasingle, bx_metal2, bx_oberhausen, bx_opto pedal, bx_rockergain100, bx_rockrack V3, Chandler Limited GAV19T, Gallien-Krueger 800RB, Knif Audio Knifonium, DS Audio Thorn, Unfiltered Audio LION. 

Just make sure you are logged in. Still not sure it is worth it, even at that price.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

8 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Still not sure it is worth it, even at that price.

The Wedge Force products are a peculiar beast. I did see a pretty good demo at an AES convention a few years ago and that's why I became interested. Their idea is to create an instrument that is played on the keyboard (or notes entered in a MIDI editor) and sounds exactly like the unprocessed signal you'd get from a guitar on an audio interface with direct input (DI signal).

Any guitar player will tell you that the unprocessed DI signal doesn't sound great, that you will want pedals and processors (outboard or ITB vst/aax) and the same is true of the Wedge Force instruments. It is intended for a rather niche audience that wants to enjoy the tweaking of guitar pedals and processors as if they had a physical guitar. If you're just looking for an instrument to generate realistic guitar sounds using a keyboard - could you get the guitar sound that you want by using as a starting point a signal that is already processed and not DI? Most likely yes.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

The Wedge Force products are a peculiar beast. I did see a pretty good demo at an AES convention a few years ago and that's why I became interested. Their idea is to create an instrument that is played on the keyboard (or notes entered in a MIDI editor) and sounds exactly like the unprocessed signal you'd get from a guitar on an audio interface with direct input (DI signal).

Any guitar player will tell you that the unprocessed DI signal doesn't sound great, that you will want pedals and processors (outboard or ITB vst/aax) and the same is true of the Wedge Force instruments. It is intended for a rather niche audience that wants to enjoy the tweaking of guitar pedals and processors as if they had a physical guitar. If you're just looking for an instrument to generate realistic guitar sounds using a keyboard - could you get the guitar sound that you want by using as a starting point a signal that is already processed and not DI? Most likely yes.

I like the idea of having a DI guitar on which I can slap AmpliTube or Guitar Rig to get various different types of electric guitar characters. That's why I bought Wedge Force Matcha. But I just couldn't get it to sound good. Looking at online comments I then realised that I'm not alone.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

Guitar player here and I tested the previous guitar plugin though the best amp sims and effects in the box and even tried to reamp though some boutique amps via a reamp box.  I personally couldn't get anything that sounded like a guitar tone Id want.  Plugged in a $100 guitar and it sounded an order of magnitude better.  

I uninstalled and was one of very few PA plugins I didn't plop down $15 for after a demo.

Of course I'm sure someone more skilled than myself could get something usable out of it.  

• Like 4