Feckin' Gmail Spam

Bapu

All of a sudden too many legit emails are showing up in spam.

Fortunately, I review spam email titles and senders a few times a day, but what used to be one or two a day is now like 30-50.

Anyone else seeing this?

Yep!  

Evidently, there's been some changes with Gmail by Google.  In addition to more showing up as spam, I had to add a new record to the DNS of the domains that send email to personal Gmail addresses to prove I was sending from a known domain otherwise they were just getting rejected.  I hear the next wave for Google is to delete all Gmail accounts that haven't been accessed for over two years...

18 minutes ago, craigb said:

Google is to delete all Gmail accounts that haven't been accessed for over two years...

Yes I have read the same. Speculation that is just the beginning. Google wants to downsize the servers used to house all that dam spam they allow out into the wild everyday.

I get a few wrongly labelled spam mails but generally the Gmail filters seem to work pretty well. Sadly my email was in the MyFitnessPal breach a few years back and ever since then I get a constant feed of crap.

I use BitDefender anti spam as an additional control via an Outlook plugin so maybe that helps. 🤷

Andy

My main two e mail addresses have been sold on many times. To such an extent i created a third mail address that i give to no company, only to certain people i really trust (3 at the moment).

i don’t have gmail address but  in France the Wanadoo or Orange or Free etc addresses have been long pirated or sold on.

I also check my spam boxes regularly, Outlook luckily catches the main offenders, but sometimes tags « real » mails.as spam. Price of becoming well sold ?

J

16 hours ago, craigb said:

I hear the next wave for Google is to delete all Gmail accounts that haven't been accessed for over two years...

Just a thought.... but maybe they wouldn't have so many of them if they didn't force people to set one up in order to use their phone!

• Great Idea 1