Hello :) Beginner here!

streichelfisch

9 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

@ the OP ... welcome to the forum. You found what I think is the best resource on the net for this hobby of ours.

Yep. 

And yep about the natural cycle of things.

[TOTP!!]

Edited by Grem

13 hours ago, RobertWS said:

If someone writes a song about it they've effectively started the topic.

If you can't get the difference between a song about it and political and religious discussions themselves then I don't know what to tell you.

You must be one of those people who thought IceT was actually encouraging people to go out and murder law enforcement officers.

1 hour ago, Byron Dickens said:

You must be one of those people who thought IceT was actually encouraging people to go out and murder law enforcement officers.

Uh Oh, how can a conviction record get expunged? Asking for a friend. 😞 

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Byron Dickens said:

If you can't get the difference between a song about it and political and religious discussions themselves then I don't know what to tell you.

A topic is a topic regardless of how it is broached.   If you don't understand that, then I don't know what to tell you.

• Meh 1

12 hours ago, RobertWS said:

A topic is a topic regardless of how it is broached.   If you don't understand that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Really? Are you naturally that obtuse or did you have to practice?

I can tell that critical thinking is not exactly your forté.

I suppose that since "no poly-ticks or religion" is the order of the day here that means no Woody Guthrie,  Bob Dylan,  certainly no Rage Against the Machine or Body Count and definitely no hymns either.  Forget about Johnny Cash too.

JS Bach is off the table as well; much of his catalog was composed as religious music.

Probably ought to leave out much of the R&B from about 1964 through at least the '70s.

And that's only a tiny sampling....

• Like 1
  • Meh 1

Did someone say "Climate Change", religion and politics! *resists the urge to rant* Oh, don't encourage me, I rather not get banned. Alex Jones would seem very tame by comparison!

I'll just continue enjoying my vegan iced tea latte with oat milk and agave syrup that I got from Starbucks then later at night head to a bar to enjoy a nice Bud Light. 😜

Edited by Hillmy
to add more cringe
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hillmy said:

Did someone say "Climate Change", religion and politics! *resists the urge to rant* Oh, don't encourage me, I rather not get banned. Alex Jones would seem very tame by comparison!

I'll just continue enjoying my vegan iced tea latte with oat milk and agave syrup that I got from Starbucks then later at night head to a bar to enjoy a nice Bud Light. 😜

What's the difference between a conspiracy theory and the truth?

About eight months! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hillmy said:

Does Starbucks offer you a shot of Atrazine in that vegan iced latte'?

🐸

Edited by Shane_B.
  • Haha 1