This Steely Dan Song Cover is Worthy of The Cover Song Hall of Shame

PavlovsCat

Funny enough -- or maybe not -- but Pat Boone and his soulless style is what first came into my mind when I heard that awful, awful, awful Donny and Marie cover version of "Reelin' In the Years." Maybe I should have titled this thread, "Covers Hall of Shame" and invited people to post the worst covers they've ever heard (hopefully no one would post any of the recent covers I've done of The Beatles, Zeppelin,  Radiohead,  etc.).  That would actually-- potentially-- make for a pretty entertaining thread. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

On 6/11/2023 at 4:59 PM, Bapu said:

Vocals: Bapu, Daryl Greenway & Liz Greenway
Guitars: Jamesg1213, SteveStrummerUK
Other Stuff: Ed "Bapu" Kocol

Special vocal appearance on the "Oh No" lines: Jan Eiken (Old55, RIP)

So now this will be interpreted as my nomination for a worst cover.

@PavlovsCat Don't change horses mid-stream 😞 

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

So now this will be interpreted as my nomination for a worst cover.

@PavlovsCat Don't change horses mid-stream 😞 

Fair enough point. Done. Newly revised title installed! :)

I changed it to something that won't be misinterpreted.  You know that I love your cover band Fizzy Pickle and I think I've liked  just about every one of your band's covers on SoundCloud.  Really superb work. I urge people to check it out, it is seriously good.  

I'll probably create another thread for the Covers Hall of Shame, because I find some covers, like the Donny and Marie and Lawrence Welk ones so bad that they're funny and I bet others have more to share. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

18 minutes ago, RBH said:

So glad this thread got contorted back into shape. Cover Song hall of shame.!!

I created another thread, because I thought the idea of people adding more terrible cover songs is pretty amusing. I added a bunch more to the thread and if it takes off, I'm sure there's many more to add in the future. 

14 minutes ago, hockeyjx said:

Oh, I've got one. It is only a minute-ish video and you only need like 30 seconds.... 

That's a worthy add to the Hall of Shame.  That's exactly why I think we should keep it going (but in the other thread, if you're game to post it there).