Windows 11 Pro for $29.99 for 48 hrs

cclarry

Yeah.. I can't upgrade to windows 11 due to my machine.  Even windows tells me I can't upgrade to windows 11!

I've got a i7-6700HQ, which is part of the "unsupported" processor.

I'm sticking with windows 10 or I might move to Debian.  Then I can run windows 10 on top of Debain using virtual box, that way, Debian can protect windows from any future security issues!

29 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Yeah.. I can't upgrade to windows 11 due to my machine. 

There seem to be work-arounds, youtube has a bunch of quasi-reliable people saying you can
I haven't verified, since I plan on running Win10 into the ground (same as I did on ❤Win8.1❤)
worth checking out before dropping older hardware in the trash
(anyone not having done it, installing OSs is easy)

videos, search "windows 11 unsupported"
"Windows 11 Now WILL Support Old CPUs (With a Catch)"
"Install Windows 11 on Anything!!!"

24 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Don't see any advantages in upgrading to Windows 11, especially considering it might become subscription in the near future. I'd only use it if MS paid me to do so.

The one thing I hated about windows10 and kept me on 7 until last year was the square-cornered windows and minimalist detail which I find so harsh.

Then w11 comes along with rounded-cornered windows (and looks so much better for it, though still minimalist) and I can't install it on my otherwise powerful tower pc.

(I guess because I was brought up on scandinavian design which abhors corners and edges).

2 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

Don't see any advantages in upgrading to Windows 11, especially considering it might become subscription in the near future. I'd only use it if MS paid me to do so.

Ah...the sub paranoia.  MS has been doing subs for a long time. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

It's an odd fanrasy to think that will happen with Apple's increasing market. The home user is not where MS makes it's money. 

Actually @kitekrazy response is dead on.
Neither MS or Apple view selling the OS as viable as a major income stream.
OS Licensing for hardware bundling and corporate sales (Window 11 enterprise upgrade is not free) are MS's bread & butter.
Individual licenses are available for purchase for small OEM dealers, people who build their own systems or can't otherwise upgrade from qualified earlier versions.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

In regards to those who have systems that can't run Windows 11 and can't/won't upgrade their hardware - that's like living on a cruise ship where the motors have issues and the lifeboats have stopped working.  Sooner or later the proverbial iceberg is going to come along (like Sonar or Next requiring Win 11) and you're then your SOL.
No offense to those who can't upgrade their hardware - I've been there at multiple different times in the past, sometimes you just can't. 
MAC users face this upgrade dilemma on a regular basis.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

So it's agreed then - everyone is going back to DOS?

More like Linux instead... I prefer Debian 11 64bit.  I've got it on one of my computers right now.  I can play Team Fortress 2 and use Reaper on it!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

In regards to those who have systems that can't run Windows 11 and can't/won't upgrade their hardware - that's like living on a cruise ship where the motors have issues and the lifeboats have stopped working.  Sooner or later the proverbial iceberg is going to come along (like Sonar or Next requiring Win 11) and you're then your SOL.
No offense to those who can't upgrade their hardware - I've been there at multiple different times in the past, sometimes you just can't. 
MAC users face this upgrade dilemma on a regular basis.

The problem is, I paid $4000 for top of the line laptop in 2015, and it still keeps up with the latest hardware, including NVME PCIe M.2 2280 RAM chipsets.  I'm currently running V-NAND SSD 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 on this laptop! I can run the latest NVMe M.2, but my job situation has changed.  I went from making $100k / year to $30k / year due to my own fault.  I'm working my way back up the ladder again, until then I'm just looking for best deals for my song writing hobby.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JT music said:

Microsoft Windows 11 Professional - Retail  KEY ESD [GLOBAL]      €1.49    €149.00

Microsoft Windows 10 Professional - Retail  KEY ESD [GLOBAL]      €1.39    €149.00

https://keyesd.com/collections/operating-systems/products/microsoft-windows-10-professional-key-esd-global-1

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/keyesd.com

Quite a few scary recent reviews on TrustPilot...
Avoid the website like a Plague, This is a scam site that takes my money…, Customer support impossible to reach

11 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Quite a few scary recent reviews on TrustPilot...
Avoid the website like a Plague, This is a scam site that takes my money…, Customer support impossible to reach

everyone gets their own ideas from the site, I know people who have bought Retail KEY ESD licenses without problem that even serve for several installations on formatted machines reusing the same equipment.