Mesh

Listening to this now

Pata Pata - Miriam Makeba

I haven't heard this one in years. I heard part of this on the radio in an office, and so now I need to hear the rest.

• Like 2

This is the most unusual take I've heard on this song. Yes, it's a corny song, but this is a very original take on it. I wouldn't buy the CD, but I found it interesting. The singer seems to be influenced by Amy Winehouse, the trumpet player is quite good, they seem to be playing different styles, but it sort-of works.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

influenced by Amy Winehouse

surely that's just a halfway house? while i appreciate AW talent as a singer (and party goer) she was in no way original

Papa Roach - Swerve feat. FEVER 333 & Sueco 

Imho this is a good song but an example for a bad mastering.

Edited by Pragi
  • Like 1

He once said he never met his father, but he knows he was named after him because it says so on his birth certificate ... "Father's Name: Unknown."

• Like 1

Self-Deleted. I was playing the association game here with a song I wouldn't necessarily listen to.

Edited by Notes_Norton

4 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

Self-Deleted. I was playing the association game here with a song I wouldn't necessarily listen to.

Wow...  What a bummer!  Notes was such a fun guy around here before he deleted himself! 

• Haha 1

I'm finding this pretty interesting!  I'm curious to hear someone else's opinion like Wibble's.  

On 9/16/2021 at 12:31 AM, craigb said:

I'm finding this pretty interesting!  I'm curious to hear someone else's opinion like Wibble's.  

I may like Bauhaus, The Sisters of Mercy, The Cure and so on, but I never liked Goth. Those bands were around before "Goth" was invented.

But I'll give it listen nonetheless ...