SoundBytes magazine - June issue

cclarry

• 2 months later...

It might be dead, or it might not. I don't know. Our editor, David Baer, has retired and doesn't want to do it anymore. To be honest, his job was  a chore that I wouldn't have wanted. Whether somebody steps up to take on his role remains to be seen.

For myself, I stopped writing for them a few months ago upon realizing that plugins and sample libraries just don't excite me anymore. I've got so many! It was nice getting freebies, but at some point (talking to you, bapu) you really do have enough.

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

It might be dead, or it might not. I don't know. Our editor, David Baer, has retired and doesn't want to do it anymore. To be honest, his job was  a chore that I wouldn't have wanted. Whether somebody steps up to take on his role remains to be seen.

For myself, I stopped writing for them a few months ago upon realizing that plugins and sample libraries just don't excite me anymore. I've got so many! It was nice getting freebies, but at some point (talking to you, bapu) you really do have enough.

Sorry to see it go. I enjoyed your writing. It was quite thorough,  which I found very helpful.  But I completely understand how much work it could be. I had a publication of my own I shut down at the height of its success to prioritize my family. I appreciate the work you and the others did (I think my friend Jay Asher was a contributor, right?) .  It was a good publication. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1