Reason 12 upgrade $67.19

MrFigg

7 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

good question. i am more worried they will take your money and just switch completely to sub.

I doubt it.  Only the stuffed shirts think that will work despite the Waves backlash.   It's a DAW that has severely decreased in popularity.    They thought people would upgrade for $199,  

16 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I doubt it.  Only the stuffed shirts think that will work despite the Waves backlash.   It's a DAW that has severely decreased in popularity.    They thought people would upgrade for $199,  

You are probably right. I am playing around with lite. I wonder why it lost popularity? Due to FL Studio?

52 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I am certain they will because that was their intention when they introduced Reason+ The current scenario where you can have both is just a stop gap solution until they can put you in a situation where you're either forced to subscribe or stop using the program entirely.

41 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

You are probably right. I am playing around with lite. I wonder why it lost popularity? Due to FL Studio?

They only thing that ever made it popular was Rewire.  They are into cranking out proprietary space hogging REs and never really done much with the DAW other than VST support.  Compare it to other developers.   

5 minutes ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

I am certain they will because that was their intention when they introduced Reason+ The current scenario where you can have both is just a stop gap solution until they can put you in a situation where you're either forced to subscribe or stop using the program entirely.

Not gonna happen. They woulda done it by now.  They would find out the hard way the DAW world can easily exist without them.

21 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Not gonna happen. They woulda done it by now.  They would find out the hard way the DAW world can easily exist without them.

All companies are still testing the ground because none of them command the same mind share and standard power as Adobe did when they introduced their Creative Cloud. Once people start to get settled in or be forced to do so, every single plugin and piece of software will be subscription based.

I updated from 7 to 12 last year and paid $200.00.  It's an amazing program but I only use it for the Rack Plugin.  The Record portion doesn't have Auto Punch and I use that quite a bit.  If I would've remembered that fact I would not have upgraded. When I put that on the Reason talk forum I started a small war because there's one guy who insisted that auto punch is over rated and those of us who need it are flawed in some way and there was another guy (not me) who was adamant that he was wrong and condescending, not in what he said but how he said it.  Just for kicks I went back in this year and brought the subject up again and those two guys started battling it out again. Some things will never change. 😆

🙂John B

I upgraded from 9 to 10 and then to 11 Suite (which was just wonderful as it included almost everything from ReasonStudios). Now I’m on 12 and added Objekt. Great stuff. Still got to get Chord Sequencer and (maybe) Pattern Mutator. Don’t think I’ll get Bassline Generator though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

All companies are still testing the ground because none of them command the same mind share and standard power as Adobe did when they introduced their Creative Cloud. Once people start to get settled in or be forced to do so, every single plugin and piece of software will be subscription based.

Nope

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Johnbee58 said:

That's when they can stick this industry where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned. 😠

Besides, At almost 70 I'm getting too old for this anyway.

🙂John B

Few people remember the dongle pandemic in the early party of the century.   This was back when software was boxed.   It didn't take long for IK to ditch the dongle.  Now they evolved to having one of the most user friendly licenses.  

Subs have been around from developers for quite some time they just don't throw it in your face.  There are too many stupid people running things but not really knowing about users and the software.  

• Like 1