A Thousand Years cover with full choir

daryl1968

Hi folks

The current Mrs Daryl1968 is in a choir called Cor Curiad here in Wales and she is singing the solo in the 2nd verse in this song we recorded.

The first chorus is sung in Welsh

I made the backing track for this one and recorded them at their rehearsal rooms. The solos were recorded in my humble studio.

Edited by daryl1968
Title
  • Like 3

I saw this post and knew I had to listen to it immediately - through my decent headphones, Boy was I not disappointed - the choir (and Mrs D1968) all sound fabulous - wonderful arrangement and instrumentation too; really lets the voices shine.

Hairs on the back of the neck stuff and puts a big smile on my face.

Loved it

Andy

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AndyB01 said:

I saw this post and knew I had to listen to it immediately - through my decent headphones, Boy was I not disappointed - the choir (and Mrs D1968) all sound fabulous - wonderful arrangement and instrumentation too; really lets the voices shine.

Hairs on the back of the neck stuff and puts a big smile on my face.

Loved it

Andy

Thanks so much Andy. You're very kind mate

On 5/24/2023 at 12:36 AM, Lynn Wilson said:

God, I want to book this choir!  You tell your lovely wife that her voice continues to get better, like fine wine.  This is one of the most entertaining productions I've heard in a while.  You're a terrific producer, Daryl!

Thanks so much Lynn. You're so good for my self esteem my friend. Much appreciated 

On 5/25/2023 at 2:14 AM, Barry Seymour said:

Yeah, da broads in the background really shine.

Me parients are from Wales, they'd have loved this.

Good mix, the choir is appropriately heavenly.

Diolch Barry. 

Hope you are well mate 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2023 at 11:14 AM, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Daryl

This sounds great and "your" current wife has a great voice. Really enjoyed this.

arrangement is very good and the mix spot on

Excellent work

Nigel

Thanks so much Nigel 

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful. I would have brought up a few sections of the backing track you did, especially the triangle sounding sections. Have you heard any of the North Sea Radio Orchestra's songs using chorus? "Move Eastward, Happy Earth" is fantastic (they recorded another version [maybe an edit or remix??] called "Move Eastwards, Happy Earth"....either one is fantastic). Cheers🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Thanks 1

On 5/27/2023 at 7:50 PM, freddy j said:

Excellent piece of work --  great performances by all (particularly your wife), nice arrangement, good instrumentation, and great mix.  What is not to like?

thanks a lot Freddy my mate

On 5/28/2023 at 6:47 AM, bjornpdx said:

Hey Daryl

Sitting here in Starbucks and I"m being transported to a very pleasant place listening to that heavenly choir.
Just beautiful.
"current mrs daryl"
-Bjorn

Glad you enjoyed Bjorn - hope you are well mate

On 6/7/2023 at 5:40 AM, Larry T. said:

Beautiful. I would have brought up a few sections of the backing track you did, especially the triangle sounding sections. Have you heard any of the North Sea Radio Orchestra's songs using chorus? "Move Eastward, Happy Earth" is fantastic (they recorded another version [maybe an edit or remix??] called "Move Eastwards, Happy Earth"....either one is fantastic). Cheers🎶🎶🎶🎶

Thanks a lot Larry  - I'll have a listen to them? Thanks