Request: A shrug icon for reaction.

El Diablo

9 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

It's not in the menu with "Thanks, Great Idea, HaHa, Confused, Sad, Meh, and Like"

It is.  As "Meh."

image.png.2c2d963ba3478213938a84a3b0377a4e.pngMeh

Description:

Meh is a colloquial interjection used as an expression of indifference or boredom. It is often regarded as a verbal equivalent of a shrug of the shoulders. The use of the term "meh" shows that the speaker is apathetic, uninterested, or indifferent to the question or subject at hand.

Oh.  I thought the Meh emoji was a thumbs down, as in "This idea sucks out loud!!!!"  image.png.a72210580e489a0d178ea9fc8192c3d8.png  whereas a Shrug is more of an "I don't know" or a neutral "I don't know what to say."  For me the Sad emoji is also an "I don't know what to say" but with a definite, "but I feel your grief/pain/suffering" sense of empathy.

No wonder Asperger diagnoses have been on the rise since the invention and proliferation of emojis--no one can read facial expressions and gestures properly any more!  😉   

Edited by User 905133
to add Meh/thumbs down

12 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Can y'all add a Shrug icon to the reaction area?

This is an appropriate question for the Feedback forum. My guess is that The Coffee House is the least read forum for anyone with the ability to make that change.

I would like a "Love" reaction. As for a shrug, I think "Meh" already takes care of "I'm so indifferent to what you said that I must let you and the world know."

A thing I like about this forum is how little I feel like using any reaction but "Like," "Thanks, and "Good Idea," so I'd prefer adding more positive reactions than negative ones.

• Great Idea 1

28 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I feel "Meh" is thumbs down and could offend the poster, but a shrug would be less offensive.

Ha!  Since I've literally never given a thumbs down (even to those replies that were sorely asking for it), I never realized they had attached "Meh" to the thumbs-down icon!  That's just wrong IMO!

But, what do I know??? 🤷‍♂️

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, craigb said:

Ha!  Since I've literally never given a thumbs down (even to those replies that were sorely asking for it), I never realized they had attached "Meh" to the thumbs-down icon!  That's just wrong IMO!

But, what do I know??? 🤷‍♂️

🤣

LoL... The forums creator should just change "meh" to the shrug symbol instead.

19 hours ago, El Diablo said:

It's not in the menu with "Thanks, Great Idea, HaHa, Confused, Sad, Meh, and Like"

I misunderstood. You're right, it's not there, but in the library of emotions.
Hey! That sounds like the name of a band!

1 hour ago, craigb said:

But wouldn't "Thanks, Great Idea, HaHa, Confused, Sad, Meh, and Like" be a bit long for a band name? 🤔

😜

I thought he was talking about "The Library of Emotions" to be a name of a band.  Sounds pretty cool!

• Like 1