Focusrite - Massive 50% off Ableton Live 11 Suite

Niky Serrano

2 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

My son uses Ableton but he has a really old version. It's offering me the code as I am eligible so I am wondering if I can find a way to buy it for him to use - it's one hell of a saving!

I'm not too sure about this requirement to have a registered version of Live Lite as he doesn't use that. 

I'll have to read the small print.

Maybe could buy it for yourself and transfer it.  Ableton does not charge for transfers.  I bought Suite 11 last year on KVR and sold it after a few months on Knobcloud because I didn't care for it.  Might want to check with Ableton support to be sure if you go that route.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jngnz said:

Which proper DAW doesn’t cost somewhere around that for updates? And don’t say Cakewalk.

Like all of them not named Live Suite.

FL Studio, Studio One, Cubase, Reason, Reaper,  Mixcraft, Acid.

I have licenses of the above and 2 Suite licenses since Live 8.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Milan said:

Reaper, Logic, FL Studio and Studio One Artist are good and don't cost too much to keep up to date. At least some of those should be proper DAWs. 🙂

Comparing Reaper and the Artist version of Studio One with the Suite version of Ableton Live is not a direct comparison.
At least compare versus the Standard version of Ableton.
I don't use Suite but it doesn't get a paid upgrade that often but it does get a lot of free updates for a number of years.
It's been about 4 years between paid upgrades in recent years, so not that expensive per annum.

Showing as £269.50 for me.

• Like 1

Live lite is listed as a free download if you never downloaded it from your Focusrite account before.  Since I never needed Live Lite, I never downloaded it.  Now I have Live Lite just sitting there and I have the 50% off offer for the Full version of Live, so I could download Live lite and then apply the 50%  offer, … Nah, I don't want Ableton Live on my computer. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2023 at 1:09 AM, Technostica said:

Comparing Reaper and the Artist version of Studio One with the Suite version of Ableton Live is not a direct comparison.

The goalposts were set at "proper DAW" by the person who posed the question.

Waveform and Logic Pro are a couple more that don't "cost somewhere around [$250] for updates."

• Confused 1