So .. is AI ( Artificial Intelligence ) coming for us Musicians?

My biggest concern with these tools (across the board) has been the propensity of people to be lazy and never even try to learn the skill these tools are helping them with. That lack of skill set is a significant liability that most do not realize until it rears its ugly head on them. "AI" has become more of a buzzword and I have gotten into system discussions arguing that scripting has been around a long time, and having one update parameters based on usage does not make it "intelligent," it is still at the mercy of the person(s) who scripted it in the first place.

This news article made me remember this thread and is the embodiment of lazy. Someone paid top dollar to do work, but presenting something (fictional) compiled by ChatGPT, then getting caught.

[@Grem TOP!!! LOL]

Edited by mettelus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, mettelus said:

My biggest concern with these tools (across the board) has been the propensity of people to be lazy and never even try to learn the skill these tools are helping them with. That lack of skill set is a significant liability that most do not realize until it rears its ugly head on them. "AI" has become more of a buzzword and I have gotten into system discussions arguing that scripting has been around a long time, and having one update parameters based on usage does not make it "intelligent," it is still at the mercy of the person(s) who scripted it in the first place.

This news article made me remember this thread and is the embodiment of lazy. Someone paid top dollar to do work, but presenting something (fictional) compiled by ChatGPT, then getting caught.

[@Grem TOP!!! LOL]

1886358018_helpfulthingy.jpg.5438d8ae315bb1efb122dd559a7fd435.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jackson white said:

if AI is anything like "Automated Attendents", nobody has anything to worry about...

my latest experience with reverb.com was completely brain dead...  

So, just like dealing with a, supposedly alive, Guitar Center person? 🤔

• Haha 1