Ambient Dreams pack for Unify Intro Deal

Brian Lawler

I think that a good business and commercial gesture would be for pluginguru to put the Unify standard as a free Player to encourage the purchase of different expansions, personally it is expensive for me to buy a player that only incorporates instruments and effects which by default are free... Does anyone think the same?

12 minutes ago, JT music said:

I think that a good business and commercial gesture would be for pluginguru to put the Unify standard as a free Player to encourage the purchase of different expansions, personally it is expensive for me to buy a player that only incorporates instruments and effects which by default are free... Does anyone think the same?

There is incredible intellectual property in the build of Unify.  Unbelievable time and energy put in by both Shane and John.   That doesn't make sense as they are trying so hard (and generously) to get it started from their own energy and ideas.  They are not a faceless corporation.  They offer their time every weekend where users can interact with them as the build and journey continues.  I can't think of any other tool and sound design company that provides that kind of access and interaction with customers.  The Unify platform itself is loaded with innovations that aren't available anywhere else.  It's not just an empty platform to bring up instruments from others, it puts other instruments on steroids.

Edited by lawajava
  • Like 5
  • Great Idea 1

28 minutes ago, JT music said:

There’s a lot of contents available for free with Unify, including regularly adding Unified libraries. Expansions are usually adding a lot more stuff on top of the free content. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JT music said:

Because everyone is entitled to the labors of others for free?

Just FYI, Unify standard is the only edition, and by default the standard library contains 647 patches, which other than the "free" instruments includes 3.2 GB of factory samples for the "Guru Sampler" created by John. They are high quality. John has a decades long history of creating libraries for Omnisphere and other instruments. He is an ex-KORG sound designer.

So by default you don't need to buy anything else, just combine your existing soft synths with the factory patches and you have unlimited sound combinations. There is really nothing else comparable available, and it would make no sense to just give it away!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, abacab said:

Because everyone is entitled to the labors of others for free?

Just FYI, Unify standard is the only edition, and by default the standard library contains 647 patches, which other than the "free" instruments includes 3.2 GB of factory samples for the "Guru Sampler" created by John. They are high quality. John has a decades long history of creating libraries for Omnisphere and other instruments. He is an ex-KORG sound designer.

So by default you don't need to buy anything else, just combine your existing soft synths with the factory patches and you have unlimited sound combinations. There is really nothing else comparable available, and it would make no sense to just give it away!

OK, so if one day Unify will become free.. everyone would not acquire it until they charge it back to the value it is really worth.... 🤔 We would have an empty forum thread instead of exploded comments....

1 hour ago, JT music said:

OK, so if one day Unify will become free.. everyone would not acquire it until they charge it back to the value it is really worth.... 🤔 We would have an empty forum thread instead of exploded comments....

This forum thread is slam full of freeware instrument suggestions from the forum members here. Worth a look while you are waiting for a free Unify! ;)

I added the reference to Unify here to stay on topic!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Fleer said:

They are thinking of a tiered approach, though. Maybe 2.0 will bring a (cheapo) standard version and a pro one for us early adopting geezers. 

That might work.

But if John started giving away Unify totally free, he would probably have to lay off the lone developer, Shane, who happens to be a high-level brainiac PhD in Computer Science.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

That might work.

But if John started giving away Unify totally free, he would probably have to lay off the lone developer, Shane, who happens to be a high-level brainiac PhD in Computer Science.

It is not so necessary, also by having a Unify standard free you could start selling many more expansions and increase revenue to have to hire more genius developers and finally be able to get the long-awaited Unify PRO... It's all a matter of having a good commercial ingenuity...

41 minutes ago, JT music said:

It is not so necessary, also by having a Unify standard free you could start selling many more expansions and increase revenue to have to hire more genius developers and finally be able to get the long-awaited Unify PRO... It's all a matter of having a good commercial ingenuity...

Pluginguru has sales regularly, sometimes general sales at up to 50% off and even more at times for specific libraries. Even Unify was included on sale at 40% off recently on a general sale, which is not always the case, so if you find it too expensive, then you’re missing on a whole world of sounds.

Edited by Yan Filiatrault
  • Like 1

Unify hasn't reached to a sales point that I would buy.  So many products like this become money pits and take up space.   If you look at the Unify page it seems to benefit if you have certain libraries.

As far as "missing on a whole world of sounds" is something my system drives are telling me without buying anything.

• Like 1