Bitwig 5.1 Final is here... Not a deal

ralfrobert

20 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

It's only beta. You can't upgrade now if you don't renew your update plan.

“Bitwig Studio 5.0 is now in beta and can be tested by anyone with a Bitwig Studio license and an active Upgrade Plan. You’ll find the installers in your user profile. The official release is planned for Q2 this year.
This is a free update for all license holders with an active Upgrade Plan at time of announcement (April 11, 2023).”

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fleer said:

“Bitwig Studio 5.0 is now in beta and can be tested by anyone with a Bitwig Studio license and an active Upgrade Plan. You’ll find the installers in your user profile. The official release is planned for Q2 this year.
This is a free update for all license holders with an active Upgrade Plan at time of announcement (April 11, 2023).”

Just by the hair on your chiny chin chin.

• Haha 2

FYI, if you have two licenses, wait until the update plan expires before activating the 2nd one.  I made the mistake of activating both licenses ( Bitwig 8 ) concurrently, losing out on 9 months of updates.

I haven’t spent time to get up to speed on Bitwig (like Cakewalk, Ableton Live, Cubase LE), but this is a reminder to take a look at it.

5 hours ago, Bapu said:

Just curious, what are the top 10 things (in your opinion) that make it supremely better than either CbB or Studio One. Please, no bashing of the two products, just what you know is infinitely better.

The staff editors are terrible compared to Bitwig...............Oh wait!

Licensing is not friendly as the other two.  It is the Waves of DAWs. 

I've had their free versions but it's like Cubase and Tracktion.......it just doesn't gel with me no matter how great they are praised.

5 hours ago, jngnz said:

I don't know CbB.

Love Studio One, so I'll probably not make it to 10 but here are some things:

1) plugin performance. It's the only DAW handling plugins even better than Reaper.
2) handling Rosetta plugins. It bridges them with stellar performance instead of having to run the entire DAW in Rosetta mode.
3) startup time (plugin caching, really)
4) project load time
5) sandboxing plugins so they don't crash the audio engine or entire DAW
6) MPE and automation. Studio One really can't handle too much of either.
7) plugin chaining
8) the plugin manager. It's just more logical to me and also customisable.
9) FX track management. Not having to route shit and also seeing and being able to modify the send amount of every connected channel at the same time.

Damn, almost 10.

Not 10 = no cigar for you

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• ralfrobert changed the title to Bitwig 5.1 Final is here... Not a deal