Where She Wants to Be

Keith Wilby

Lots to like here, but particularly ther BGV's, sweetly hard panned? Lovely chorus effects? Care to dish the secrets of the smoooooth bgv??

As advertised, toes were tapping. And I loved the mix, nothing poked up and out of place. The lead vocal was clean and crisp without being crispy.  Well done!

cheers,

-Tom

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

Care to dish the secrets of the smoooooth bgv?

No secret Tom, I sing each part twice and pan one left and the other right, that way I figure they won't clutter up the centre where the lead vocal is, plus is gives (me) a nice sensation in the old lug-holes. There's no chorus effect, just a bit of EQ to take some lower frequencies off.

21 hours ago, Keith Wilby said:

This was featured on BBC Radio Cumbria's "Introducing" programme last night.

FF to 1:05:55 for my bit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0f1kw84

That’s great - I’ve submitted a couple of tracks but no luck so far. Your song had a bit of a Billy Ocean groove going on to my ears. Catchy as heck, lovely production, well sung and played, great stuff. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Marshall said:

That’s great - I’ve submitted a couple of tracks but no luck so far. Your song had a bit of a Billy Ocean groove going on to my ears. Catchy as heck, lovely production, well sung and played, great stuff. 

I've had three played so far, but there's about another 15 that they didn't like enough, so keep plugging away.