FREE IK Amp and Cabinet for doing survey [link appears to only work for accounts that meet specific conditions]

PavlovsCat

8 hours ago, John Maar said:

Most regular users of Amplitube will already have the amps/cabs/pedals they offer for free for completing surveys, so most respondents will be casual users of their free version...not the audience that will provide them with the most useful feedback.

If by "casual users of their free version" you meant TONEX (as opposed to AT5), when I got the survey I suspected that was true for me. I have AT5 MAX as part of TS3.5, but only TONEX CS--from which I only downloaded about 6 or so of the 20 downloads and haven't bought any premium models. Aside from basic info, they asked what I'd like to see in the future.

To me it seemed like a good way to get the opinions of people like me and others who only have TONEX CS to see if they could get us to upgrade and/or purchase more models.  

Edited by User 905133
clarification added
  • Like 1

I don't know what group this survey was targeted at, and that indeed may be why IK stopped it or limits it only to accounts that meet certain conditions, if they were only looking to survey a certain group (e.g., users of Tonex CS) and found that the survey link was being distributed to a general audience. They also could be reading a cookie on your machine to see if you meet certain conditions. That's why it worked for some people and not for others. Whatever the case, I'm sorry for those who are frustrated it didn't work for them. It can be frustrating when you see a freebie and you just missed it, you don't qualify or simply doesn't work anymore for some unknown reason. As I shared, I found this yesterday in a Facebook group I'm in (Larry's in it as well) that is usually very reliable and is the source for a lot of posts in this forum. It worked for me, as I used it before posting it here. 

But the original poster, who is the most prolific poster in the Facebook group, didn't give details on where he got the info and link. Yesterday afternoon when people started reporting that the link no longer work, he tried the link t again and it no longer worked for him either (although that could be due a cookie or his account recognizing that he already received the offer). As I stated in the original post, I had used the link and completed the survey yesterday morning before sharing it, so it worked for me (done on my Android mobile phone). According to posts on page one and two of this thread, it has worked for several people in this thread (I think 4 people on page one and one person on page two shared that it worked for them; and the person on page two posted long after others reported that it didn't work for them). One possibility is that it only works for certain IK customers, say, people who only have TONEX CS as User 905133 was speculating above. It wouldn't be difficult for IK to make that a condition for the freebie (that it only applies to certain accounts). 

Anyhow, to avoid more people being frustrated by this not working, I modified the thread title to state [expired]. If something changes and people start reporting that the link is again working, I'll change it back. But until then, I'll keep it as expired. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

3 minutes ago, Kal S said:

The link is still working.

I hate that link! Hahaha.  Seriously, I'm glad it's working for you, but I have no idea what's going on or if it will work for anyone else, so until I see a bunch of posts stating that it's consistently working, I'm going to leave the thread title as is so we don't potentially frustrate other people it doesn't work for. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Yeah, I don't know what group this survey was targeted at, and that indeed may be why IK stopped it, if they were only looking to survey a certain group (e.g., users of Tonex CS) and found that the survey link was being distributed to a general audience. They could always have used a cookie dropped on the machines of those who were targeted for the original group and that's why it worked for some people and not for others. Whatever the case, I'm sorry for those who are frustrated it didn't work for them, it can be frustrating when you see a freebie and you just missed it, you don't qualify or simply doesn't work anymore for some unknown reason. As I shared, I found this in a Facebook group I'm in (Larry's in it as well) that is usually very reliable and is the source for a lot of posts in this forum. But the original poster, who is the most prolific poster in that group, didn't give details on where he got the info and link, just that after yesterday afternoon when people started reporting that the link no longer work, that he tried it again and it no longer worked for him either. As I stated in the original post, I had used it yesterday morning before sharing it, and according to posts on page one and two, it has worked for several people in this thread (I think 4 people on page one and one person on page two shared that it worked for them, long after others reported that it didn't work for them. One possibility is that it only works for certain IK customers, say, people who only have TONEX CS as User 905133 was speculating above. It wouldn't be difficult for IK to make that a condition for the freebie (that it only applies to certain accounts). 

Anyhow, to avoid more people being frustrated by this not working, I modified the thread title to state [expired]. If something changes and people start reporting that the link is again working, I'll change it back. But until then, I'll keep it as expired. 

Had a friend just try it, he only has the Free ToneX version.  Survey Popped up and the questions seem to imply not owning TONEX paid version.

I own Tonex SE and did not get the survey.  Lame.

Other question I didn't like was would you want to be able to sell your own Tone Packs on ToneX.  That would certainly change the value ToneX offers with the "unlimited' free tone models.  As I imagine people might start being less generious in what they upload under that model.  And frankly I'm a little surprised we are not seeing more.  They asked what could be improved in TONEX, and even with "other" options they didn't have a place to specify.  Uh, how about the fact captures on an older comptuer can take 5 hours for a single capture - that might impact how many captures we are seeing released.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brian Walton said:

Let me guess, you don't own a paid version of ToneX?

I think that's a very plausible theory (that IK only extends this survey and offer to accounts that meet certain conditions). It would explain everything we're seeing, and with a marketing background myself, marketing departments often -- and should -- do surveys/polls that apply only to specific groups of people. 

8 minutes ago, Sidney Earl Goodroe said:

I never was much of a Mesa fan as far as the small combo 1x12 amps! The combos always sounded restrained. Things got better when the multi speaker cabs came along.

I think it depends on the model, as there is quite a bit of difference.

The MKiiC+ is a bit of a legend, used by Metallica, Prince, and Steve Lukather among others.   You don't have to limit the use to a built in speaker either.

I personally don't like many models that came after it.

Edited by Brian Walton

Thank you for completing the IKM survey: Please answer the question to claim your free gift.

Question 1. Do you think it likely that we will have made it easy and intuitive for you to claim your free amp ? ?

If YES.... please go to step 2. 

If NO.... please go to step 3.

Step 2: Welcome to IKM ,new customer.... please sign up for a new account now and then spend many hours scratching your noggin while you figure out what you're supposed to do next. Nobody will be along shortly to help you.

Step 3: welcome back existing customer... please sign in to your account now, look in all the logical places for your free gift and when none of those work go to the CW deals forum to find out if anyone there has figured it out.

If this doesn't work, please refer to the IKM forum where someone will point out that if you can't do it then you are stupid because what you need to do is so obvious that there is no point in even telling you.

If you are still having problems, please go to step 4:

Step 4: Give up, it's not really worth having anyway and you've already got several things that do pretty much the same thing,

Edited by paulo
  • Like 1