Spitfire Labs Bells Swarm FREE!

cclarry

I can't seem to find a use for ANY of the Labs instruments. They all seem more like sound design experiments, which I currently have no need for. I want to like these <sigh>, but I think I'll just uninstall them to recover the 30GB of space. Am I missing something?

38 minutes ago, fret_man said:

I can't seem to find a use for ANY of the Labs instruments. They all seem more like sound design experiments, which I currently have no need for. I want to like these <sigh>, but I think I'll just uninstall them to recover the 30GB of space. Am I missing something?

Yes! Disk space for a lot of unnecessary items. Free seems to poison the mind.  

This and Sine are made to make people consider using proprietary unpopular players not named Kontakt.

44 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Yes! Disk space for a lot of unnecessary items. Free seems to poison the mind.  

This and Sine are made to make people consider using proprietary unpopular players not named Kontakt.

This seems a bit cynical. I don't know of other manufacturers other than Orchestral Tools using Sine. So you can view it as their own player. Just like UVI has. Or Vienna. Or any other plugin for that matter. Your Fabfilter ProQ3 has its own interface. Well, so does OT. And so does Spitfire Labs. If disk space is something you are concerned about (we all are haha 😝), you can be very strict in your selection. I find that LABS instruments work pretty well as background textures. The quality is very good, so I just view them as free high quality sample packs.

• Like 1

I find LABS super useful, also as background textures. Sometimes I use the charango, mandolin, and other plucked strings to do arpeggios for some of the stuff that I do. Great for cinematic but also "textured" pop, rnb, etc.

SINE is also great but the freebies are proper instruments, which arguably makes them more useful. Rotary is the best free brass library ever. The perc library (it's actually a full GM drum+percs library) is class and extremely useful as a default set for many genres when you need a quick drum set + percs. 

We're really spoiled, don't know if it's a good or a bad thing.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

This seems a bit cynical. I don't know of other manufacturers other than Orchestral Tools using Sine. So you can view it as their own player. Just like UVI has. Or Vienna. Or any other plugin for that matter. Your Fabfilter ProQ3 has its own interface. Well, so does OT. And so does Spitfire Labs. If disk space is something you are concerned about (we all are haha 😝), you can be very strict in your selection. I find that LABS instruments work pretty well as background textures. The quality is very good, so I just view them as free high quality sample packs.

You'd be surprised how many products I got for free just for iLok before it was a cloud.

Many products are given away just for one to try an eco system. 

They beauty of Sine is you can get one piece at a time.  Other developers should take note especially NI.   

3 hours ago, Esteban Villanova said:

SINE is also great but the freebies are proper instruments, which arguably makes them more useful. Rotary is the best free brass library ever. The perc library (it's actually a full GM drum+percs library) is class and extremely useful as a default set for many genres when you need a quick drum set + percs. 

Whoa. This just got me to finally download it and try it. These instruments sound REALLY good. I'm playing with Layers, which is orchestra sections. Now I'm really interested in looking into Cakewalk's Articulation Maps....

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1