Sonokinetic Day 12 of 12 - Maximo €75.00

TheSteven

45 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Depends of your use. I’m sure it’s worth it for many persons.

Oh, without a doubt. I should have clarified I was speaking for myself, not dismissing the product in general. It sounds really good and I know these phrase libraries have their use.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

I've been listening to the demos and that €75 is beginning to look like a reasonable amount of money.

+ if you haven't used your coupon code yet - that drops it further

33 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

This is my GAS talking. I like it, but I'm not sure I have a use for this. Buuuut it's seems a waste to not use my discount code. But I really shouldn't. But it would take another year. But...

Lovely sounding, good inspiration fuel...
Even if I can't directly use it in a project it can give me ideas for what will.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Lovely sounding, good inspiration fuel...
Even if I can't directly use it in a project it can give me ideas for what will.

I know I know, don't tempt me. I have several of their libraries and they are indeed inspiring. I think I have Indie, Grosso and Noir. That should cover the inspiration part. Perhaps next year when 80 drops a little in price.

I don't know what happened but I kind of slept through this whole sale. I think after doing a lot orchestral purchases during Black Friday I thought I wouldn't need any more. I probably need to get my head examined. 🙄

Anyhow, I'm seriously considering picking this up because I really like the sound and those fast phrases seem useful. I need to listen to the Largo demos some more but it doesn't seem to offer anything that I couldn't cook up with most string libraries, whereas my understanding (and also my experience) is that many libraries stumble on fast passages.

I'll have to look into Sonokinetic's catalogue to prepare myself for future sales. Until we get perfectly and fully modelled virtual instruments I'm afraid orchestral libraries are the one thing that will reliably trigger my GAS. I'm already regretting that I missed Orchestral Strings, Noir and Indie and I haven't even listened to their demos.

20 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

I don't know what happened but I kind of slept through this whole sale. I think after doing a lot orchestral purchases during Black Friday I thought I wouldn't need any more. I probably need to get my head examined. 🙄

Anyhow, I'm seriously considering picking this up because I really like the sound and those fast phrases seem useful. I need to listen to the Largo demos some more but it doesn't seem to offer anything that I couldn't cook up with most string libraries, whereas my understanding (and also my experience) is that many libraries stumble on fast passages.

I'll have to look into Sonokinetic's catalogue to prepare myself for future sales. Until we get perfectly and fully modelled virtual instruments I'm afraid orchestral libraries are the one thing that will reliably trigger my GAS. I'm already regretting that I missed Orchestral Strings, Noir and Indie and I haven't even listened to their demos.

The phrase-based libraries really do a nice job with agile string lines and stuff with movement or tonal elements that just don't come easy to traditional libs. I've started to really find ways to get Sonokinetic's stuff into my workflow, and often it involves using interesting phrases as texture elements alongside my other libraries like CineStrings and BBCSO. Usually, it's one specific phrase out of the chord that I'll use -- I mute two of the layers and use one of the layers to enhance an arrangement, give an interesting texture to it.

It helps a lot that Sonokinetic's sound blends really easily with other libraries. 

Edited by Amicus717
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

This is my GAS talking. I like it, but I'm not sure I have a use for this. Buuuut it's seems a waste to not use my discount code. But I really shouldn't. But it would take another year. But...

Same here.   That money though could be used to reduce debt.  I have a lot of their stuff but it doesn't get used.

31 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Same here.   That money though could be used to reduce debt.  I have a lot of their stuff but it doesn't get used.

Jup, not gonna bite this time. I already made an unplanned purchase with Eventide Invigorate. So that offsets things a bit. Maybe I will get myself Disney+ as well. I think they have Die Hard and Christmas is coming...

22 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Dang! Forgot about the extra coupon hiding there in the cart. I was thinking about Largo to looong, now it's gone 😕

Edited by chris.r
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

Jup, not gonna bite this time. I already made an unplanned purchase with Eventide Invigorate. So that offsets things a bit. Maybe I will get myself Disney+ as well. I think they have Die Hard and Christmas is coming...

I bought some more...............loops.  They were synthwave at least. My addictions are  MyLoops that are for trance junkies with presets and midi, Then there is MusicNotes where I'm hoarding digital sheet music.  Both of those are usually purchases under $10.

1 hour ago, Nick Blanc said:

If you have an Amex card, check your perks.  They are now paying me $2 per month to add Disney + to Hulu.  A deal is a deal :)

3 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I bought some more...............loops.  They were synthwave at least. My addictions are  MyLoops that are for trance junkies with presets and midi, Then there is MusicNotes where I'm hoarding digital sheet music.  Both of those are usually purchases under $10.

Oh I did a ton of loops and samples this BF. This week I did some of those Function Loops from their sale. They have some quality stuff.

2 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

If you have an Amex card, check your perks.  They are now paying me $2 per month to add Disney + to Hulu.  A deal is a deal :)

I don't. I think I have Visa? Don't really know. I think those perks are a typical American thing, am I right? Anyway, I have Amazon prime which is cheap, I got HBO max for that lifetime discount for cheap. I don't care for Netflix but I'm a huge Star Wars fan, so Disney+ adds something. So I'm trading some music software for other entertainment. Seems fair.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

I don't. I think I have Visa? Don't really know. I think those perks are a typical American thing, am I right? Anyway, I have Amazon prime which is cheap, I got HBO max for that lifetime discount for cheap. I don't care for Netflix but I'm a huge Star Wars fan, so Disney+ adds something. So I'm trading some music software for other entertainment. Seems fair.

Could be an American thing, I don't know.  I am sure the basic idea is to incentivize you to autopay your bill with their card and that momentum will keep your business there after the spiff ends.  They are also giving a 3% kick-back for all online purchases this quarter, so my they are getting my GAS business.  Time will tell if I stick with D+  not too likely since I am neither a Star Wars or Marvel fan, and they seem to have a ton of that (and kid shows of course- none of those here either :)