Update: Arturia Pigments V4.0

Frank

9 minutes ago, Zo said:

Aren t those paid 9$ or do they come free ?

They're paid expansions for existing Pigments owners, but are included with a new license purchase.

You can grab any one for $9.99 or all 3 for $19.99 at the intro price.

Edited by abacab

27 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

So are they worth the cost of 4 lattes ;)

I grabbed the Wavelengths Cinematics pack for $9.99, the other 2 were not to my taste, especially the Neuro Bass. You can audition them from within Pigments using the "Store" tab/page.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, abacab said:

I grabbed the Wavelengths Cinematics pack for $9.99, the other 2 were not to my taste, especially the Neuro Bass. You can audition them from within Pigments using the "Store" tab/page.

Exact same here. Cinematics was the only pack I was interested in. But...

I only have a couple of Pigments expansion packs. When I was previewing the three Wavelengths packs, I noticed that there are enough expansion packs that I could easily exceed the cost of Pigments itself by adding expansions. So, rather than starting down that rabbit hole, I pinched off the GAS exit route and kept my bank card/PayPal untouched. It was only 10 €, but it only takes one domino to knock all the others down. There may come a day, but it's not here yet. 🎸🙃

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, John Maar said:

Exact same here. Cinematics was the only pack I was interested in. But...

I only have a couple of Pigments expansion packs. When I was previewing the three Wavelengths packs, I noticed that there are enough expansion packs that I could easily exceed the cost of Pigments itself by adding expansions. So, rather than starting down that rabbit hole, I pinched off the GAS exit route and kept my bank card/PayPal untouched. It was only 10 €, but it only takes one domino to knock all the others down. There may come a day, but it's not here yet. 🎸🙃

The only Pigments packs that I have purchased other than Cinematics, are Synthwave 2085 and a 3rd party pack from Luftrum. The other 14 banks were either factory or freebies. So a total of 2,456 presets already. I'm good at this point, so not really tempted. Those 2,456 should give me more than a few ideas to create my own! :)

Definitely check out Luftrum 23 for Pigments! https://www.luftrum.com/luftrum23/

Promo code "hellosnow" will get you 50% off of $29.00, so $14.50 for 100 presets. Description of "Stillness of Stars" and "Fast Radio Burst" are below...

• "Luftrum 23 for Pigments is an ambient cinematic soundbank for the film scoring space traveler and the electronic producer, containing 100 Pigments presets, with 75 original presets and 25 alternative versions. Also included are 22 “sweet spot” FX presets, for the reverb and delay effects.
  • The soundset is created by Luftrum, taking sounds back-to-basics in the vein of early Luftrum releases with rich pads, silky Vangelis-like keys, bit-crushed yet mellow synth leads, underscoring textures and conceptual granular work with sonics originating from space itself.
  • Such as the dusty, mesmerizing granular pad Stillness of Stars sculpted out of a short snippet of otherworldly frequencies from Voyager 2 as it passed through the outer magnetosphere in 1979 and the pulsing drone based on the cryptic FRB signals from deep space billions of light-years away, which are intercepted, noise reduced and timestretched 350 times."
Edited by abacab
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

For the people that knows this bad boy , testing spound design as i type , can we have the sounds (in utiuility) , noise to play non stop ? or to react to amp env of material , usint the env to modulate the volume sucks ....can have that constant smooth sound while playing 

By the way i tried the soundpacks , lofi and cinematic are not bad , cinematic being the best , Sami Rabia (aka Ayen Zahev) is as usual classy in its proposal ...

But man the bass thing is an insult to art !!! lol 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zo said:

But man the bass thing is an insult to art !!! lol 

I guess that art is always in the eye or ear of the beholder.

But yeah, that neuro bass thing. I guess the kids expect Pigments to sound more like Massive X or something... 🙄