Waves Holiday Deal - Buy 2 - Get 2

cclarry

I think it was last year that Waves sale price dropped to an all time low of $16-something per plugin. That did get me to bite. Their sales are so regular and most plugins are constantly on sale for $29-$39 USD or so along with the spend $50 USD or whatever and get a free plugin to the point where I'm pretty confident most us are like, "meh" when we see a Waves sale. It seems at least every week I get an email for a Waves sale or a notice that one of my Waves Update Plans is expiring on a plugin I bought in the past. The first kind of email ensures that I'll never pay full price for a Waves plugin and the latter makes me question whether or not I should even keep buying Waves plugins at all. 

Welp... After accidently buying the NX head tracker and a $5 plug-in.. $100 spent... Thinking I was going to get 4 free plug-ins... The plugins I badly needed at that moment I found I already had plugins that can do what I needed.  I guess in desperate times you'll find ways to save money and get something done!

Two plugins I had was Hornet Total EQ and Waves Pitch Bender.  Both those together and I was able to replicate Torque!  Since I know that, I guess I'll never need Torque.

So... Lesson from this.  Try to find out if you already have plugins you can combine to do the same thing and you'll save money.

Although my method requires using Hornet Total EQ twice and 1 Waves Pitch Bender... If I wanted to save time, Torque would be the answer.

3 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Two plugins I had was Hornet Total EQ and Waves Pitch Bender.  Both those together and I was able to replicate Torque!  Since I know that, I guess I'll never need Torque.

So... Lesson from this.  Try to find out if you already have plugins you can combine to do the same thing and you'll save money.

But for $9,99 you can now have Hertzrider2... try to talk yourself out of this! ;) 

Edited by chris.r

8 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Welp... After accidently buying the NX head tracker and a $5 plug-in.. $100 spent... Thinking I was going to get 4 free plug-ins... The plugins I badly needed at that moment I found I already had plugins that can do what I needed.  I guess in desperate times you'll find ways to save money and get something done!

Although my method requires using Hornet Total EQ twice and 1 Waves Pitch Bender... If I wanted to save time, Torque would be the answer.

What do you mean „do what I need“?  I'm a plugin collector. What I need is new plugins all the time so I never get around to getting anything done.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1