e-Instrument Black Friday Sale

cclarry

26 minutes ago, antler said:

Another important thing to consider is, will any difference in quality be noticed in a mix with other instruments playing?

You're completely right and of course,  something that sounds great in isolation may not work in a mix. But I am very drawn to sounds that inspire me when I play. So I suppose I'm a sucker for beautiful sounds. 

• Great Idea 1

36 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

BTW,  let me make it clear that I like the AcousticSamples developer and I've never heard a Wurli sample library demo that sounds as good as his Wulie library. I spent an hour last night doing trademark searches and giving him free advice because I felt terrible for what some charlatan was doing to him. So anyone looking at Wurli's all my research leads to me believe this dev has a great library; probably (based on demos alone) the best one on the market,  IMO. Is it worth more than twice the cost of e-Instruments very good sounding KONTAKT library largely due to anti piracy costs AcousticSamples faces from iLok? That's up to the buyer. 

Just wanted to highlight that I never received any impression you were critical of the AcousticSamples developer, just that you were wishing it was a Kontakt library and not subject to iLok fees & UVI Workstations limitations which have nothing to do with AcousticSamples. I also realised I was pretty much preaching to the choir with regards to the anti-piracy concerns of a developer. 🙂

I came across this thread last night where some people who had the Wurlitzer library and then tried the VReeds one felt that the VReeds one was a step up from the sampled one. It's a short thread but their enthusiasm is infectious. 

https://forums.musicplayer.com/topic/174999-acousticsamples-vreeds-wurly/

Oh they also talk about a forum member's own offering, Purgatory Creek, sounding very good too. Have you come across this one? Pretty affordable collection of 200A, 140B, Pianet N and Pianet T for $40. Full Kontakt required. Obviously has a different set of priorities WRT piracy 🙂

https://www.purgatorycreek.com/index.php/reed-collection-kontakt/

They also do a Rhodes collection and a Clavinet collection. You can buy the individual instruments separately, but you save on the bundle pricing. Eg $19.95 for each of the two Clavinet instruments, but only $24.95 for the two as a bundle!

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the suggestions,  @Craig N. Funny when I shared views like this regularly that I know won't be popularly embraced to a small group of Facebook friends that I label "Peter's Unpopular Opinion of the Day." Because I realize half or more of my friends are going to disagree with me-- and we're all good with that in my group of friends I start out with a smile about it. But I appreciate that can happen here in the wild. The dev did try to persuade me to get VReeds, but I have a small budget. But everything I've heard, AcousticSamples seems to be a superb developer. I have nothing but respect for him. I remember Purgatory Creek from a long time ago. I probably bought something from them.  I think I'm just going to buy e-Instruments Wurli. It's only $33 USD and I have their upright piano library and a couple others and they're all very good. 

8 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I also have the Purgatory Creek bundle. Crazy price for superb instruments. Busch, the dev, is highly dedicated. The bundle is an bsolute no-brainer in my book. 

Okay, now I have to check it out! Seriously. How do you rate their Wurli? Yeah, everyone knows how obsessed I am with Wurlis now. The dev sounds so familiar I may have bought this several years ago. Are these very detailed libraries? The demos do sound good. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Craig N said:

They also do a Rhodes collection and a Clavinet collection. You can buy the individual instruments separately, but you save on the bundle pricing. Eg $19.95 for each of the two Clavinet instruments, but only $24.95 for the two as a bundle!

Always on a lookout for the greatest clavi ITB! Will check out these, thanks.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Okay, now I have to check it out! Seriously. How do you rate their Wurli? Yeah, everyone knows how obsessed I am with Wurlis now. The dev sounds so familiar I may have bought this several years ago. Are these very detailed libraries? The demos do sound good. 

I wouldn’t say they’re very detailed, as they’re not that large (and the AS Wurlie isn’t either) but they’ve got this mojo you’ll love (and indeed already hear in the demo). 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

Okay, VI Control has a slogan,  we need one too. How about these:

1) Sample addicts helping sample addicts

2) A comminty of friendly sample hoarders enabled by their friend Larry

Let’s just call it Larryland

• Like 1

If only I had Photoshop skills....If anyone does, we need an image to go along with Electric Ladyland. We can surprise Larry with it when he returns from his trip. He can use it on SoundCloud. 

Okay, any Hendrix fan either imagined the album title I'm parodying and laughed or pressed hide for future posts from me. ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

I wouldn’t say they’re very detailed, as they’re not that large (and the AS Wurlie isn’t either) but they’ve got this mojo you’ll love (and indeed already hear in the demo). 

Lovely little diamonds these are (listening to demos while pulling them on to buy list)!

• Haha 1

These are the videos I've found most useful for assessing Session Keys W (Wurli) library. I'd love to get thoughts from my fellow Wurli lovers. 

I'd love to hear what my fellow Wurli lovers think of these preset demos and walkthroughs of e-instrument's Session Keys @W (Wurli) because I think e-instruments' audio demos on their website don't do a great job of showing off the library as well as these videos do. I'm still undecided whether to buy this very good Wurli sample library in my favorite sampler format (KONTAKT) or to buy the most amazing Wurli sample library I've ever heard -- AcousticSamples -- in a format I really don't enjoy (UVI) for almost twice the price (it's more than that now, but the dev told me that he's going to be doing a Black Friday sale and would even sell me the library in advance of that if I would promise to do a shootout audio and post it (I already created the project file using several other Wurli libraries I own). 

10 Great Songs Played with a Wurli
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmO24AgnN_c

Preset Demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ERNabt9n30

Employee presentation, interview and product demo: 

Edited by PavlovsCat