e-Instrument Black Friday Sale

cclarry

On 11/14/2022 at 9:13 AM, Craig N said:

I have to confess I'm somewhat inclined to make a Wurlitzer library comparison video for YouTube featuring great electric piano tunes that were originally played on a Rhodes, to see if anyone notices the discrepancy and is bothered enough to comment on it. Do you think that would get much of a reaction? 🙂

I’m sure of it. And now there’s that new Spitfire Originals Wurli (from their North 7) …

37 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I’m sure of it. And now there’s that new Spitfire Originals Wurli (from their North 7) …

Fleer and my fellow Wurli fans, what did you think of the demos for the Spitfire Originals Wurli?

To be completely candid, I thought that their Wurli samples sounded pretty poor in each demo and find this the least  compelling commercial Wurli library I can recall. I would even rate SoundPaint's Wurli library for $20 USD above this one, solely based on the demos. It just doesn't capture the Wurli's beautiful, bright tone and dynamics. So far, for me, the best Wurli I've heard to date is AcousicSamples Wuriie, but I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the e-instruments Wurli, which is my second favorite Wurli library. It doesn't sound quite as good as AcousticSamples, (which to me is 10/10 for sound but loses points for being in UVI; I'd give e-instruments an 8.5-9/10 for sound and a 9.5/10 for features based on the walkthrough, that is where it far surpasses the UVI AcousticSamples library, IMO)  but it sounds very good and I like what e-instruments has done with the library and their patches and scripting, when I watched the walkthroughs and various videos for their library. It's really clever and much more than a basic sample library. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

41 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

@Craig N Did you end up buying e-instrument's W (Wurli)? If so, I'd love your thoughts. 

Yeah I ended up buying it and the Acoustic S just moments before Pianoteq 8 came out haha. 

It's surpassed Broken Wurli and Scarbee A200 for tonality in my book. I don't have a ton of other Wurlitzers to compare it to, I just know what sounds musical to me. 

The only niggle I have is that there's one note, D2, that has a peculiarity to it, a bit of a flat crystal undertone that stands out at lower velocities (at higher velocity the bark that comes in obscures this undertone). It's a little bit like the sound you get when you lick your finger and run it along the rim of a glass. I'm a perfectionist so I tend to get hung up on things like this. 

Anyway, it mustn't be the end of the world, because I'm seriously considering buying their other Acoustic and Electric Pianos while they're on sale. They just strike me as high quality Kontakt libraries / instruments. Eg they are fast to load even off HDD, and once loaded, there's no further pauses while loading when switching between Studio and Live samples. Whereas some Kontakt libraries are so slow to load the samples its clear the developers have no idea how to optimise their libraries at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Craig N said:

Yeah I ended up buying it and the Acoustic S just moments before Pianoteq 8 came out haha. 

It's surpassed Broken Wurli and Scarbee A200 for tonality in my book. I don't have a ton of other Wurlitzers to compare it to, I just know what sounds musical to me. 

The only niggle I have is that there's one note, D2, that has a peculiarity to it, a bit of a flat crystal undertone that stands out at lower velocities (at higher velocity the bark that comes in obscures this undertone). It's a little bit like the sound you get when you lick your finger and run it along the rim of a glass. I'm a perfectionist so I tend to get hung up on things like this. 

Anyway, it mustn't be the end of the world, because I'm seriously considering buying their other Acoustic and Electric Pianos while they're on sale. They just strike me as high quality Kontakt libraries / instruments. Eg they are fast to load even off HDD, and once loaded, there's no further pauses while loading when switching between Studio and Live samples. Whereas some Kontakt libraries are so slow to load the samples its clear the developers have no idea how to optimise their libraries at all. 

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am very much like you and notice issues like you did. I hope you shoot the developer an email explaining the issue. If they care, they can find ways of addressing it. I own their upright piano library (it actually contains two upright piano sample libraries) and I like it a lot. I would absolutely recommend it. I think they're a high quality developer.  I don't think I would be disappointed with any of their libraries based on my experiences to date. 

Edited by PavlovsCat

Just now, Craig N said:

I took your advice @PavlovsCat and emailed the developer to see what they say. 

I appreciate that, as I am soon about to join you as a fellow owner of that library. I just went through my piano sanple library downloads from Pianobook and easily got rid of 10 GB from piano libraries that I never would have used due to excessive noise, a lack of dynamics/dynamic layers and other shortcomings. Hold on, let me restate that with a bit more candor: 

Hello everyone, my name is Peter and I'm a sample hoarder. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just bought and installed the e-instruments W (Wurli) and it is vastly superior to the SoundPaint Wurli -- it's in a different league. Despite all of Troels' boasts about velocity layers, his Wurli sounds lifeless dynamically -- it misses what makes the Wurli so special. The only way it sounds exciting is when you drench it in effects. On the other hand, e-instruments Wurli with the clean and basic tremolo patches really does remind me of playing a real Wurli. There is a very distinct change in the character of the epiano with dynamics that the SoundPaint library completely misses. When you play the e-instruments W gently it sounds sweet and gentle but when you play it at a greater velocities, it has an edge to the tone, like a real Wurli. I still believe that AcousticSamples wins for the best sounding instrument Wurli I've heard to date, e-instruments W is very, very good and a great buy for $33.43 USD. 

Okay, I stayed up way too late because I downloaded from Best Service's very slow server.  This is the link to the sale, once again, for anyone interested.  I can easily recommend this library for anyone looking at Wurlis, this one deserves your strong consideration. It's significantly superior to SoundPaint's Wurli and just under $13.50 USD more and it's easily worth the difference. If I could go back in time, I never would have bought the SoundPaint Wurli. 

https://www.bestservice.com/session_keys_electric_w.html

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1