Positive Grid - Get ready. OMNYSS drops tomorrow

cclarry

It's here, had a bit of trouble getting my head around what it actually was at first, not sure I have grasped it yet, but I think it's 3 amps with some freaky stuff in each and some pedals. I'm going to have to buy it so I can get solid grip on what it is. 

I told myself no need for any more amp sims after TONEX MAX, because there just isn't any need, whenever I go back to one of my huge collection, I've pretty much got everything there is, they sound like crap. Sure enough here comes PG out of left field with something that seems a bit far out there, I must check it out or it will keep eating away at me. 

4 minutes ago, cclarry said:

so certainly won't pay
$99 for this... 

For me it would be $158... I haven't bought into the Bias eco world. So that would be my admission price. Likely not gonna happen.

That said, that ain't for me. I am just not in need of that much heavy. 

The names of the amps... I'll just leave that one alone.

However, it looks damn good. I gotta say that. At least the product page did!!

Some of those pedals could stand on their own.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Not at $99....nope.

I own everything except Hendrix, which I won't pay $50 for...so certainly won't pay
$99 for this... 

I have everything from the start, Hendrix is awesome, honestly my expectations weren't high, but it surprised me.

There is a lot more than Heavy, clean is clean is clean, there is some very nice crunch, and Hi Gain, which I don't really call hi gain, then there is Metal and Insane, they speak for themselves. I'm not much into hi gain anymore, certainly not the hi gain of today, for me it's around AC/DC ish, Black Sabbath ish which really is pretty mellow compared to stuff today.

Having said all that I haven't used any of the BIAS stuff for a good few years ☺️ But when I get around to it I have a couple of tracks to finish that have BIAS FX (1) in, that sound absolutely awesome and I doubt I could replace them with anything else and have it sound the same and have the same impact. If memory serves me correct it's using one of the Choptones Mesa Boogie packs, really kicks you in the knackers.

Edited by heath row
  • Like 1