Speaking of brothers

Old Joad

I have updated the video and brought the volume up:

Thanks to Hidden SymmetryDeeringAmps for helping out.

Since my brother died, I’ve been getting back into song writing, I’ve got a few tunes recorded but I’ve had covid twice so my vocal is shot at the moment.

But I got myself on YouTube, so I’d be ready to go when it all comes together.

I had made a video a while back to send out to the tribe as a keepsake of my brother, so I posted it today just to check out how to upload vids and what not.

It’s just a basement jam taken from a tape and cleaned up with cakewalk.

Edited by Old Joad
  • Like 2

On 8/21/2022 at 6:28 AM, Hidden Symmetry said:

Basement tape or not the soul & vibe is there. I enjoyed it. Jams like these are gems, glad you have it as a reminder.

I'm happy you said that. gem is the right word thanks for listening☮️

22 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

I enjoyed this - sounded great considering it was from a very old Tape - you did a great job cleaning that up

Cool

Nigel

You made my day🤩 I love your music (especially your vocal) so it means a lot to me thanks for replying🖖🏼

condolances........you did great work in creating a respectful combination of music and images for your brother and your family....you guys sounded pretty good as everyone didn't showboat....that jam has a magic all its own 🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

A little judicious limiting wouldn't hurt the recording a bit.
(then I wouldn't have had to pull the volume down on the next tune; ouch)

It is low for YT..If you check the Nerd Stats the content loudness is -16.00 dB or IIRC 16dB lower than it should be. ( not it's LUFS)

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Larry T. said:

condolances........you did great work in creating a respectful combination of music and images for your brother and your family....you guys sounded pretty good as everyone didn't showboat....that jam has a magic all its own 🎶🎶🎶🎶

Cool, Thanks for taking the time to listen👍🏼

17 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

I'll echo all the above, much enjoyed.

One little crit, I think you should bump up the output level a bit.
A little judicious limiting wouldn't hurt the recording a bit.
(then I wouldn't have had to pull the volume down on the next tune; ouch)

t

Thank you for tunning in. Sorry about the volume thing I hope I didn't hurt your ears🎧 I'm going to go back and try to fix that.

17 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

It is low for YT..If you check the Nerd Stats the content loudness is -16.00 dB or IIRC 16dB lower than it should be. ( not it's LUFS)

Thanks for turning me on to the Nerd Stats thing, so out of curiosity what volume should I be shooting for?

Edited by Old Joad
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 2:36 PM, DeeringAmps said:

-14 LUFS is a good start, many master "hotter"; -10 LUFS.

I'm not sure what YouTube is "looking" for.

If LUFS is totally foreign to you, a quick google will get you started...

Youlean has a free LUFS meter here https://youlean.co/youlean-loudness-meter/

t

Thanks for the link, Youlean is an awesome tool. I cranked up the volume and I'll upload it to YouTube in the morning with any luck👍🏼

Edited by Old Joad
  • Great Idea 1

Nice tribute video, enjoyed the song and performances very much.     The recording is pretty good considering it is a "basement tape" from '86 and the performances are all tight.   Sorry to hear about your brother but you have created a nice keepsake here that will bring back many great memories.

Regards

• Like 1

Loss of a love one is always tragic on a personal level.  This is a very nice tribute to your brother.  As far as the song ---- I love it.  It has the style and sound of the Blues that the UK brought back to the USA back in the mid-1960's.  This reminds me a bit of the sound and style of Peter Green's FleetWood Mack.  A bit raw, a bit rough and definitely the Blues.  Great stuff!!!

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 12:46 PM, markno999 said:

Nice tribute video, enjoyed the song and performances very much.     The recording is pretty good considering it is a "basement tape" from '86 and the performances are all tight.   Sorry to hear about your brother but you have created a nice keepsake here that will bring back many great memories.

Regards

Thanks for listening🎧