Soundtoys 50% Upgrade Sale Coming in mid-August - lasts for 4 weeks

Reid Rosefelt

Got an email on this.    It's been some time since they've done the 50% off on upgrades scale that they did every BF.  They suggest that you visit your account to make sure everything is registered so you can get the best deal.

Back when they did 50% off sales on BF, I had one freebie, and  never had spent a cent on Soundtoys.  My upgrade price was $160 for two years in a row.  $320 when the sale wasn't on.   Since then I have purchased a few Soundtoys products (which I love) and my upgrade price is now $389.   So I assume that in this sale my half price will be $194.50.  Have they added any new plugins to Soundtoys 5 in all these years?  I suppose Effects Rack is a serious bonus, but wouldn't I have gotten that if I bought it for $160 years ago?

Maybe when the sale starts it will be lower.  We'll see, but I doubt it.

The reason I didn't take advantage of their offer is that I didn't know anything about Soundtoys plugins at the time aside from the fact that people liked them.   Something has to be real special and will add a ton to my setup to get me to spend 200 bucks.  I figured I would get the demos, learn if I liked them, and then buy them when I was ready.  So I set aside money in my BF budget a few years ago, but they ended it. No 50% off sale. Full price, no discount at all.   I even wrote them and said if they would offer me the deal they offered me for the last two years, I would buy.  I had put the money aside and was ready to buy.

But now I'm in a completely different place.  I'm actually more interested in Premiere Pro and After Effects plugins these days than music ones. That's where my GAS is today. And I've bought a lot of audio plugins over the years.  So my window on Soundtoys may have  passed.  I'm not even sure if I would buy the upgrade for $160 today.

I don't like these companies like Cinesamples that can raise all their prices dramatically and believe we all won't notice.  People complain about all kinds of companies, but you don't suddenly find out that Albion One costs double.  Just the opposite.

It's a shame, because by the time I did my research I wanted to get the full Soundtoys upgrade.  They didn't even answer my email.  The funny thing is that the way they treated me with the full upgrade has stopped me cold turkey from buying single plugins from them.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 3

Soundtoys is a very smug company. They do not respond to discount requests.

Go for plugin alliance for saturation plugins.

And go for eventide  h9  (178usd in the audiodeluxe.com and they give 8,9usd coupon) and clockworks bundle.  I have H8000FW, plugin sounds is very closed with hardware.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I don't like these companies like Cinesamples that can raise all their prices dramatically and believe we all won't notice

I don't like the price hike either, but I'm not sure it was entirely under their control. There was a period of about a year or so where they had back-to-back sales: a new sale started on the very next day that the previous one ended.

Then the price hike happened, and the continuous sales stopped. Their website received a complete redesign, and they started to convert all of their libraries to Kontakt Player; those that weren't orchestral/cinematic themed (e.g. Rio Grooves, Sew What) were dropped.

4 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Back when they did 50% off sales on BF, I had one freebie, and  never had spent a cent on Soundtoys.  My upgrade price was $160 for two years in a row.  $320 when the sale wasn't on.   Since then I have purchased a few Soundtoys products (which I love) and my upgrade price is now $389...

Same. My upgrade price on sale was around $60-70 a few years ago. So now I won't be interested in the announced sale as it's going to be much much higher than that. And I too have bought a few more plugins since. Very disappointing.

In the meantime I managed to find quality replacements for most of these plugins and got them on good sales. Life is too short.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chris.r said:

Same. My upgrade price on sale was around $60-70 a few years ago. So now I won't be interested in the announced sale as it's going to be much much higher than that. And I too have bought a few more plugins since. Very disappointing.

In the meantime I managed to find quality replacements for most of these plugins and got them on good sales. Life is too short.

That's when I bought in.  They were the first Dev I went "all-in".  It's sad to see they haven't done anything new since Little Plate. (?)  They went from a premier Dev to an afterthought.  Such a promising company and great plugins, it's just too bad.  I wonder if they lost their main developer or some other internal shake-up happened? (Disclaimer: pure WAG conjecture!)  

Anyway, hopefully the new website in indicative of new things coming from SoundToys.

• Like 2