Boz Digital Pan Knob V2

cclarry

Wish we could get something like this built into the Cakewalk console.

I have V1, but rarely use it, mostly because I freeze everything, and effect freezing is an all-or-nothing deal, so this effect winds up getting frozen on tracks. Can’t adjust the pan later without unfreezing and refreezing.

Whereas the Console’s volume and pan controls are always ‘live’.

2 hours ago, John Bradley said:

I have V1, but rarely use it, mostly because I freeze everything, and effect freezing is an all-or-nothing deal, so this effect winds up getting frozen on tracks. Can’t adjust the pan later without unfreezing and refreezing.

Freezing does not permanently bypass the FX rack. 

It is possible after freezing to enable the FX rack and modify as desired.

Of course, to fully retore a frozen track, the changes to the FX rack must be undone prior to the thaw.

In order to perform a lot of processing on a frozen track and retain the ability to unfreeze the track, it might be easier to copy the contents of the frozen track to a new track and archive the frozen track. However, I'd use bounce+archive(+disconnect synth if necesssary) instead of freeze in this case.

While I freeze synths as well, typically the tracks I’m freezing are audio tracks with multiple or computationally heavy FX on them. 

E.g. guitars and vocals, both of which get processed entirely in the box, other than a hardware compressor I have on the input.

Yes, I could just go crazy with busses and put FX I’ll want to keep live on them, so they can be tweaked during the mixing stage (eq, comp, delay, reverb) and I do that already. But panning is a per-track sort of thing, and short of creating a bus per track…

Anyway, just a (mild) desire for more sophisticated panning of stereo tracks within Cakewalk, not a huge problem that needs a workaround.

Edited by John Bradley

4 hours ago, John Bradley said:

Wish we could get something like this built into the Cakewalk console.

This, once you use it, I find it impossible to use a standard PAN knob without getting annoyed in headphones.  If it would just be integrated into the DAW all problems would be solved.

• Like 1