Softube Introducing: Model 82 Sequencing Mono Synth

cclarry

Model 82 Sequencing Mono Synth faithfully captures the sound and feel of the most-used mono synth of the late '80s and early '90s. Uber-inspirational sequencer and arpeggiator included. Find out more about our rigorous re-creation of the techno idol today.

Special introductory offer:

20% OFF

Offer valid June 7th – July 31st, 2022.

$79 intro price

https://www.softube.com/model-82-sequencing-mono-synth

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Use promo code RAVEANDSAVE and get Model 82 for $59

Offer valid June 7th – July 7th, 2022.

The Roland SH-101 emulation plugin  is good enough but the integration of this synth with Softube Modular is the reason to get this one IMO.

Edited by Sergio
  • Like 5
  • Great Idea 1

I love Softube's synths. Will have to demo this and see if I can justify it considering I already have TAL Bassline and D16 Lush 101. If it's anything like Model 84, Softube's magic touch will basically make it sell itself. Their synths have mojo

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Walter Cruz said:

And a really nice demo of the original SH-101:

thanks for the vid link.  I'll have to check out dude's band.  great run down.  the SH101 is one of those things i'm familar with but never seen in action in person.  

I really like the other softube keys.  And I pull up Modular all the type just to dick around and explore patching and modules.  I supposed if I had a dream synth for them to do, it'd be an Alesis Andromeda.  

On 6/7/2022 at 10:26 AM, telecode 101 said:

demos sound cool. but i would never get this. it sounds too 80s 90s.

The visual style and even much of the pop music of the 80's/90's are VERY dated today, for sure. But the electronic music of that era have that sense o f "sci-fi" (that today we call "retro wave", "synth wave" or something like that) that still inspires me to this date. To be honest, I never stopped liking this kind of music.

In short... I like this style of music and this new synth from Softube is a perfect tool for that 🙂

I'll not bore you and everyone else here posting videos of electronic themes like "Knight Rider" or "Airwolf"  or their nowadays equivalents from artists like Megadrive or LazerHawk. But... how about this band:

Edited by Sergio

I had a SH101 back in the day, along with the MC202 synth/sequencer which was basically two SH101s and a two track sequencer. And a TR303 bassline and a 606 drum machine. I sold it all to get midi and polyphony before the 303 prices took off!

The 101 is a pretty basic synth and I don't think nostalgia is enough to get me to buy but the ability use its parts in Modular could be interesting.  A three oscillator 101 anyone?

Weird coincidence. I was looking around for a SH-01A boutique in the last couple of days, but couldn't really justify the price for something that would add something, but not a lot to my setup. So I was looking into second hand. And suddenly, there is Softube. This is great!

• Like 1