Epic Free Game - Wolfenstein: The New Order

abacab

25 minutes ago, Tony Carpenter said:

Bloody hard game to play even on casual. I feel I need a controller instead of keyboard and mouse. 

This game  only lists partial controller support. That mode can be less than satisfactory when you need 3 devices to play the game. A mouse for selecting menus items, a keyboard for shortcuts, and the controller for movements, etc. Best to use keyboard/mouse only mode for them.

All Windows games that were also designed for game consoles should ideally include a full controller mode in Windows, but unfortunately some do not.

Some games for Windows do include full controller support. I have an XBOX wired USB controller for PC that works good for those games  that support it. :)

51 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

Most arrogant PC gamers would torch those who use controllers.

I hear you, but I have my casual gaming PC set up in the living room next to my flat screen HDTV.

Although I do have a wireless keyboard/mouse on my coffee table, a controller is preferable for that 8-10' interface. Hunching over the coffee table gets very uncomfortable after a couple of minutes. Much rather kick back on the couch! 🤣

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Fleer said:

I tried. God knows I tried.

Me too!!!

23 hours ago, Tony Carpenter said:

I feel I need a controller instead of keyboard and mouse. 

Some games are better played with a controller. You a real gamer, you'd know that!!

Sonic games on PC are best played with controller.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Grem said:

Me too!!!

Some games are better played with a controller. You a real gamer, you'd know that!!

Sonic games on PC are best played with controller.

I play Destiny 2 on my PS5. This Wolfenstein feels more controller type. I've been playing PC games a LONG time :).

1 hour ago, Grem said:

Sonic games on PC are best played with controller

True; I'd also extend that list to fighting games, driving games, and games that require fine directional movements/movement speeds, e.g. 3rd person stealth/action games

3 hours ago, antler said:

True; I'd also extend that list to fighting games, driving games, and games that require fine directional movements/movement speeds, e.g. 3rd person stealth/action games

That's why I never buy those games. Plus the replay value is not there.  I don't do sports games either.

I'm religiously set on using a key board and mouse.  I do have a controller or 2.

20 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

I'm religiously set on using a key board and mouse.

If it's a FPS, definitely!!

Many hours ( many many many!!) playing Hexen, Doom, and Quake (I and II).

Then I found a game called "Arena: Elder Scrolls"

Had to stop playing them. I wasn't doing anything else!! No music, no practice, no nothing!!

I still play an occasional round of PGA Tour.  

1 minute ago, abacab said:

You really need to check out: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Got my son hooked on the Elder Scroll series! He has played every version since.

He got me Oblivion as a present and I played that till I had to stop. I get into those games and that's all I wanna do!!

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Grem said:

Got my son hooked on the Elder Scroll series! He has played every version since.

He got me Oblivion as a present and I played that till I had to stop. I get into those games and that's all I wanna do!!

Loved Oblivion. Also absolutely loved Dragon Age and Neverwinter Nights.

• Like 1