PA Memorial Day Sale Round 2

cclarry

Don't miss out on these deals!

Knif Audio Soma

A new type of passive tube EQ, offering cleaner, more flexible tone & more precise EQ adjustments. Perfect for the modern mastering engineer.

$399 $30.99

Plus local VAT taxes in Europe*

ADPTR AUDIO SCULPT

The future of dynamic and tonal control. Thoroughly and cleanly reshape your sound in ways that other processors simply cannot.

$299 $30.99

AMEK EQ 200

Inspired by the fidelity of iconic EQs from GML and Sontec. Enhanced for 2020 and beyond with TMT!

$399 $30.99

TOMO Audiolabs LISA

Modeled after the $15k hardware dynamic EQ! Six bands of smooth opto compression per channel! Fully approved by TOMO Audiolabs.

$399 $30.99

SPL IRON

Iron is a modern “Vari-Mu” tube compressor, built for mastering and bus compression, with a beautifully musical sound and incredible options for color.

$299 $30.99

Unfiltered Audio TAILS

Advanced auto-ducking reverb keeps transients and dissonance out for smooth, extended shimmer without all the clutter.

$149 $30.99

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products.html

22 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Monthly vouchers have been killed apparently

They were kind of already dead really after the latest changes with them.. I'll sit everything PA out for a while until they get their act together again.

If they lose enough sales/customers they'll reevaluate, or another smarter company will seize that space. There's nothing I really feel I need from them for now, so all good either way 🙂

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MusicMan said:

They were kind of already dead really after the latest changes with them.. I'll sit everything PA out for a while until they get their act together again.

If they lose enough sales/customers they'll reevaluate, or another smarter company will seize that space. There's nothing I really feel I need from them for now, so all good either way 🙂

Not really.  As long as someone was interested in the Limited Time Bundle deal, then vouchers were still relevant if you wanted to get some stuff added to it.

Yesterday anyone with a $75 voucher could have picked up The Soundwide bundle and 3 of the $31 plugins for $68.  Or those with the $25 voucher could have gotten any one of the $31 plugins plus the $50 bundle for $56.  

If you hadn't already forked out the money for many of those plugins it seems pretty unlikely anyone would call this a dead deal.  I paid $50 for Amek console alone about 2 months ago and it took a $50 voucher to do it.  

I expect we will see one of two things happen once the intro bundle is over.  The min spend goes down, or the store will offer bigger ticket items from NI and Izotope and they keep the min spend but you suddenly have the opportunity to buy other manufacture's plugins at an unusual discount.

• Like 1

Yesterday anyone with a $75 voucher could have picked up The Soundwide bundle and 3 of the $31 plugins for $68.  Or those with the $25 voucher could have gotten any one of the $31 plugins plus the $50 bundle for $56.  

Or just pay $150 for a yearly Mix & Master subscription, use 80+ plugins for year, get $200 in vouchers to buy whatever you want on Mega Sale in December, and ignore any and all PA posts till next summer 'cause you already have everything. No brainer to me.

9 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Not really.  As long as someone was interested in the Limited Time Bundle deal, then vouchers were still relevant if you wanted to get some stuff added to it.

If you hadn't already forked out the money for many of those plugins it seems pretty unlikely anyone would call this a dead deal.  I paid $50 for Amek console alone about 2 months ago and it took a $50 voucher to do it.  

I expect we will see one of two things happen once the intro bundle is over.  The min spend goes down, or the store will offer bigger ticket items from NI and Izotope and they keep the min spend but you suddenly have the opportunity to buy other manufacture's plugins at an unusual discount.

Yeah the intro bundle is great for newbies and I think that's Soundwise's target market for now. The bundle wasn't really of any interest for me as I already had the things I wanted from it, or didn't care enough about the others to spend the money on it. A couple I considered, but no doubt they will be free, or pennies within the next year or so.

Same with these last two memorial Day offers. I already either own one or more, or don't really feel driven to get multiple plugins to meet the higher minimum spend. Again, for newbies, these offers are still OK. And if there's a particular plugin that I really had to have, then at $30.99 sure, it's ok for not waiting, but if the old vouchers were there, I may have picked up something opportunistically.

So far I haven't really been tempted to even use my voucher or buy anything in their sales since their merger and I'm definitely not alone. Across a number of engineers I know and in most of the forums, the vouchers haven't been well received at all...

But I pickup everything PA for $0 to $15 normally, sometimes $20. A few rare gems, I've extended to $25.. and have everything I really wanted. For me the vouchers are dead for now, but that has been a blessing. I've picked up a few things on sale that hadn't quite been enough for me to pull the trigger and they've been really good 🙂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Or just pay $150 for a yearly Mix & Master subscription, use 80+ plugins for year, get $200 in vouchers to buy whatever you want on Mega Sale in December, and ignore any and all PA posts till next summer 'cause you already have everything. No brainer to me.

It's good to have as an option, as long people don't do it thinking they're getting the best deal.

If you could partially spend the vouchers, then it might be closer to a no brainer, but given you need to spend all at once and all the plugins are never all on the deepest sale at the same time (intentionally by PA of course) then the subscription is the worst value option financially in the long term.

It makes no sense for me, or anyone that already has a number of plugins from them, as I'll barely spend much with them in the next 12 months at all, but still get to keep using everything perpetually.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2022 at 9:00 AM, MusicMan said:

It's good to have as an option, as long people don't do it thinking they're getting the best deal.

If you could partially spend the vouchers, then it might be closer to a no brainer, but given you need to spend all at once and all the plugins are never all on the deepest sale at the same time (intentionally by PA of course) then the subscription is the worst value option financially in the long term.

It makes no sense for me, or anyone that already has a number of plugins from them, as I'll barely spend much with them in the next 12 months at all, but still get to keep using everything perpetually.

I don't see "deep discounts" or "no brainers" as valuable, because it's promoting impulse buying. I don't care if a plugin is $4.99. If I have never used it, or only spent a few hours with it on demo then why would I buy it? It's like the current sale. The Soma, LISA and Amek 200 are on sale for $30. I have used all 3 EQs with the subscription - most recently the LISA. Already know I don't need any of them. I'm guessing 99% of people buying one of these this week doesn't have enough experience with them to make the purchase - even if it was $1.99.

The subscription is like a 12 month trial of 100 plugins with a $200 voucher at the end to grab exactly what you use. This is a no brainer to me. I've almost entirely stopped buying ANY plugins for 2 years from any company, because this subscription covers almost everything I need - in terms of mixing and mastering. It's saved me $1000s on useless purchases.

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

I don't see "deep discounts" or "no brainers" as valuable, because it's promoting impulse buying. I don't care if a plugin is $4.99. If I have never used it, or only spent a few hours with it on demo then why would I buy it? It's like the current sale. The Soma, LISA and Amek 200 are on sale for $30. I have used all 3 EQs with the subscription - most recently the LISA. Already know I don't need any of them. I'm guessing 99% of people buying one of these this week doesn't have enough experience with them to make the purchase - even if it was $1.99.

The subscription is like a 12 month trial of 100 plugins with a $200 voucher at the end to grab exactly what you use. This is a no brainer to me. I've almost entirely stopped buying ANY plugins for 2 years from any company, because this subscription covers almost everything I need - in terms of mixing and mastering. It's saved me $1000s on useless purchases.

Some good points in there, although I'm VERY discerning with my purchases personally. I regularly pass up ridiculously good discounts on stuff, even if they're only $10 or whatever, purely because they're not the top contenders in each category, or add something very unique.

So for me, the deep discounts are very valuable, as I only really buy the cream of the crop, so those discounts allow me to get a heap more plugins for the same amount of money.

I do think PA ranks quite highly, but I still prefer plenty of other companies, as they're superior in some categories for sure. For example, while I do like the XL V2 limiter, as it's got some unique features and options, I don't rate their limiters in general.

The Amek 200 is good, but I've got no real interest in trying the others you mentioned. Not that they're bad, I'm sure they're at least decent, but I'm well covered. But in terms of having more time for trials, PA happily extends trials and even resets everyone's expired trials at times, so if we can't decide in that amount of time, then the plugin probably isn't worth it 🤣

• Like 2