Orchestration Recipes Vol 3 released, all 3 40% off

BTP

12 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

anyone got these? Looking to get into orchestration, but I am quite clueless where to start

I have all 3.  I’ve completed zero hahah.  But that’s my fault.  These are highly recommended on vi-control and other very critical forums.  All three are on sale for $30 each. Regular price $49 each.

9 hours ago, kevin H said:

I have all 3.  I’ve completed zero hahah.  But that’s my fault.  These are highly recommended on vi-control and other very critical forums.  All three are on sale for $30 each. Regular price $49 each.

I have the first two volumes, and I've completed two recipes.... both of which sound like crap. 

Edited by husker

2 hours ago, husker said:

I have the first two volumes, and I've completed two recipes.... both of which sound like crap. 

I bought the first volume. Interesting concept! But orchestration is really only intended to make a good song sound better.

Keep trying! :)

You might try to find an available MIDI score of a well known song. Load that into your DAW and play around with orchestration using that. Should remove the writing and arranging pressure, until you are ready to apply the technique to your own creations...

Edited by abacab

23 minutes ago, husker said:

I'm still not sure why I buy things to reinforce that I have no talent...

If I only bought things based on talent I’d be rich because I would only own free plugins and maybe invested all the money I’ve spent on plugins on apple and Tesla stock instead hahah

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

I bought the first volume. Interesting concept! But orchestration is really only intended to make a good song sound better.

Keep trying! :)

You might try to find an available MIDI score of a well known song. Load that into your DAW and play around with orchestration using that. Should remove the writing and arranging pressure, until you are ready to apply the technique to your own creations...

What they are really good for (for me) is really teaching me how to use a specific library.  

OK, I have all this midi, I'll use 8Dio strings - this is how to make them sound correct.  Now, I'll change to Cinematic Studio, this is what I have to do with CSS.  Etc. 

3 hours ago, husker said:

What they are really good for (for me) is really teaching me how to use a specific library.  

OK, I have all this midi, I'll use 8Dio strings - this is how to make them sound correct.  Now, I'll change to Cinematic Studio, this is what I have to do with CSS.  Etc. 

That's true, but the message I got from the author is that you don't actually need more libraries to sound good, just the knowledge of how to use what you already have!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, abacab said:

That's true, but the message I got from the author is that you don't actually need more libraries to sound good, just the knowledge of how to use what you already have!

The same could be said for your car, wife/husband/partner, house and guitar.

But not basses or plug-ins.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 3