Softube Introduce Vocoder

cclarry

1 hour ago, Craig Fowler said:

About time this wasn't UAD exclusive!

I don't have a use for it, but I *really* want it!

Don t have high expectation , never geled with this one and i. M a vocoder fanatic ... cool but nothing extra.

waiting for the panning one that is trutly something . ...

Edited by Zo

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 3:04 PM, Zo said:

Don t have high expectation , never geled with this one and i. M a vocoder fanatic ... cool but nothing extra.

waiting for the panning one that is trutly something . ...

Which Vocoder is currently the best, Zo?

I also used orange vocoder in 2000...

On 3/9/2022 at 2:58 AM, Zo said:

Orange vocoder was actually one of the best and the one i used in my own album in 2004 !!

The Orange Vocoder v4 was demoed at the Frankfurt Messe in 2018, but has yet to see the light of day. Not holding my breath.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Maar said:

The Orange Vocoder v4 was demoed at the Frankfurt Messe in 2018, but has yet to see the light of day. Not holding my breath.

Thanks John, didn't know that... Don't think we'll see it if it hasn't been released in 4 years after that...

3 hours ago, John Maar said:

I’m still waiting for u-he zebra 3 and synthmaster 3.0 so I’ll start saving up for orange vocoder v4 as well now hahah 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ZokZTM said:

I'm mixing a guyz that is doing west coast funk gfunk electro , he's using a lot ovox (witch kills my session cpu lol) , pretty versatyle , for me sound wise i love vocal synth but it's really cpu heavy . Softube seems great if you're stricly about this sound .... in vocalsynth you can mlix diffrent type of algo witch is great , i love that airy breathy control for exemple to add to main lead to bring intelligibility to vocoded vocals ...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zo said:

I'm mixing a guyz that is doing west coast funk gfunk electro , he's using a lot ovox (witch kills my session cpu lol) , pretty versatyle , for me sound wise i love vocal synth but it's really cpu heavy . Softube seems great if you're stricly about this sound .... in vocalsynth you can mlix diffrent type of algo witch is great , i love that airy breathy control for exemple to add to main lead to bring intelligibility to vocoded vocals ...

Great thanks Zo!

I started playing with ICARUS 2 vocoder should be serviceable... will see

EDIT... just some generic presets there

Edited by ZokZTM

4 hours ago, ZokZTM said:

Great thanks Zo!

I started playing with ICARUS 2 vocoder should be serviceable... will see

EDIT... just some generic presets there

Didn't tried it .....

Production wasn't tight at all so mix was a challenge ...the guy (a friend) is a dancer not a singer lol so melodyne helps lol

check ovox in action , also mixing one as i type i will make you hear it ...

On this one it's real vocoder but only people that never tried a real vocoder thinks it's easy ...some words are crazy to be able to be heard ...

Really challenging to sing in for real ...

By the way fro the story i pointed to him the softube for him to try and he skipped it  , so do i since i needed to be in sync with what he uses ...

Edited by Zo

11 hours ago, ZokZTM said:

Imageline's 'Vocodex'. No real competition. But it takes a month of manual reading to understand it. It's a very deep plugin with enormous customization and modulation options. But it sounds absolutely incredible when you get the hang of it.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Carl Ewing said:

Imageline's 'Vocodex'. No real competition. But it takes a month of manual reading to understand it. It's a very deep plugin with enormous customization and modulation options. But it sounds absolutely incredible when you get the hang of it.

Excellent... what is a month between friends :-). Super thanks Carl!

2 hours ago, Zo said:

On this one it's real vocoder but only people that never tried a real vocoder thinks it's easy ...some words are crazy to be able to be heard ...

Really challenging to sing in for real ...

By the way fro the story i pointed to him the softube for him to try and he skipped it  , so do i since i needed to be in sync with what he uses ...

Absolutely... it is crazy, but great experience to use real vocoder... Lots of practising... starting with own speech pronunciation :-).

Mixes sound great and very professional... Great job Zo!
The only problem is with people who cannot sing when using Melodyne or Autotune is... one always tends to mix the vocal 1.0 -1.5 db to low 🙂

Edited by ZokZTM

1 hour ago, Carl Ewing said:

Windows and FL only... No honey!