Project Sam Classics 50% off sale

Yan Filiatrault

After many years, Project SAM is saying goodbye to True Strike 2, Concert Harp, Organ Mystique, Orchestral Brass Classic and the latest version of Classics Pack with a 50% OFF blow out!

This offer is valid until March 13th and only as long as stocks last!
https://www.bestservice.com/deals/project_sam_classics_final_sale_50_off_3938.html

42 minutes ago, bitflipper said:

What do they do, delete one copy from the server after every sale?

I just. Heckled the Classic Brass and it can be used in the free Kontakt Player,  so you will have a Native Access Serial number. The stock they might be referring to is the number of serial numbers Project Sam has available for a particular product. Just another nuance of the Kontakt library ecosystem.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

I just. Heckled the Classic Brass and it can be used in the free Kontakt Player,  so you will have a Native Access Serial number. The stock they might be referring to is the number of serial numbers Project Sam has available for a particular product. Just another nuance of the Kontakt library ecosystem.

I'm certain that is what it refers to.  Of course,  while every sample library developer knows this stuff, most sample users don't. 

• Like 1

Yeh, I'm sure you guys are right about it being a Native Instruments licensing thing. Although NI is very secretive about their licensing, I do know that it's based on how many copies are sold. Or in some cases, vendors have to estimate in advance how many copies they expect to sell. Some developers have been unhappy with that arrangement, so they may not do that anymore. Like I said, NI is secretive about it and even make licensees submit NDAs. I'm guessing Project SAM is only going to sell as many licenses as they've already paid NI for.

Although it seems to me it'd make more sense to just keep selling product and re-brand it as "Full Kontakt Required". There was a brief time when some vendors offered both Player and Full versions, with the former being about 20 bucks more. Those of us who own full Kontakt would appreciate not having to pay the license fee.

• Like 1

It's very weird to me, because old ProjectSam is better than a lot of new libraries.  The samples stand the test of time, and I liked so much that they provide free updates to Symphobia 1 and True Strike 1 (with Symphobia 2 coming) 

I would absolutely have paid more for True Strike 2 if they updated it.  Have to figure out what I'll do.  And they don't give a lot of time. 

7 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

It's very weird to me, because old ProjectSam is better than a lot of new libraries.  The samples stand the test of time, and I liked so much that they provide free updates to Symphobia 1 and True Strike 1 (with Symphobia 2 coming) 

I would absolutely have paid more for True Strike 2 if they updated it.  Have to figure out what I'll do.  And they don't give a lot of time. 

I still have Sam free trumpets and timpani.  I finally got their brass.  I still love the tone color of these.

Edited by kitekrazy