Jump to content
Reid Rosefelt

New Website Being Built: musicsoftwaredeals.com

Recommended Posts

On 4/15/2022 at 9:44 AM, Music Software Deals said:

By the way, we've added Best Service to the website now too!

🙏

Also, I like that if you select a single store, it will still show the other stores where the product is being sold. That's a great way to make sure you're getting the best price.  Nice!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The site is amazing and becoming amazing(er)

What's not to like? 

I'm thinking we might need a 12 step program in case this gets too carried away.

............and I might need to reluctantly let my wife lock up my wallet. I'm only remotely thinking about possibly considering the possibility of that.🤔. If I did that I could still write the CC numbers down.Yep.

I don't want to be the poor schmuck with his mug shot up there accused of buying the kitchen sink library............complete with drain and garbage disposal sounds. But it was only 9.99! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FR: As you're looking at the Price Alerts you've set up, it would be super handy to be able to click on one of the Products in your list while you're browsing your Price Alerts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ADSR (adsrsounds.com) doesn't seem to be in the stores list anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well he's already helped to make a sale.

I bought the Uebershall upright bass from Best Service.  I was under the impression is was a basic VST sample library. 

It sorta kinda is. I was pleasantly surprised it has built in Elastik technology I've never used before. I know Cakewalk has Elastik stretch capability. This is entirely different. I was able to get not only nice bass for a jazz track. I was able to get the groove using the 22 dollar library. Seems a cross between a vst and a looper. This isn't a library for rockers.

Just thought you'd like to know the site is already having an effect on my wallet.

Edited by Tim Smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mibby said:

ADSR (adsrsounds.com) doesn't seem to be in the stores list anymore?

Its working now. Sometimes if they make a small change to their website the bot needs to be updated but its never offline for long.

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Synapse Audio seems to be missing from the manufacturers list. They sell direct, as well as through Thomann Music, which also is missing from the stores list.

https://www.thomannmusic.com/synapse_audio_the_legend.htm

We would like to add Thomann but unfortunately they don't list all music software deals in one place so its hard to do this without scraping their entire product database daily. Do you see anywhere they have a list of all existing software deals?

1 hour ago, Tim Smith said:

Well he's already helped to make a sale.

I bought the Uebershall upright bass from Best Service.  I was under the impression is was a basic VST sample library. 

It sorta kinda is. I was pleasantly surprised it has built in Elastik technology I've never used before. I know Cakewalk has Elastik stretch capability. This is entirely different. I was able to get not only nice bass for a jazz track. I was able to get the groove using the 22 dollar library. Seems a cross between a vst and a looper. This isn't a library for rockers.

Just thought you'd like to know the site is already having an effect on my wallet.

Glad to hear it!

Next feature we're working on is the "Search" box that will let you search for a specific product even if its not on sale

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2022 at 8:15 AM, mibby said:

FR: As you're looking at the Price Alerts you've set up, it would be super handy to be able to click on one of the Products in your list while you're browsing your Price Alerts...

Just making sure you saw this one!  Thanks!

Edited by mibby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Music Software Deals said:

We would like to add Thomann but unfortunately they don't list all music software deals in one place so its hard to do this without scraping their entire product database daily. Do you see anywhere they have a list of all existing software deals?

@Music Software Deals Here > https://www.thomannmusic.com/hotdeals_GF_software.html

Tip: if there is a "Show More" button at the bottom of a category list, you need to keep clicking them until the full list is shown. The Virtual Instruments and Audio Effects categories seem to have the longest lists.

Edited by abacab

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, abacab said:

@Music Software Deals Here > https://www.thomannmusic.com/hotdeals_GF_software.html

Tip: if there is a "Show More" button at the bottom of a category list, you need to keep clicking them until the full list is shown. The Virtual Instruments and Audio Effects categories seem to have the longest lists.

Yea unfortunately that's not exactly right though because the Virtual Instruments & Samplers section has hardware like keyboards and Maschine samplers in it:

https://www.thomannmusic.com/hotdeals_GF_virtual_instruments_and_samplers.html?SWVI=smb_22

Also, they never list the "full price" and "reduced price" just current price. We'll see what we can do though, thanks

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mibby said:

Just making sure you saw this one!  Thanks!

Hey sorry I missed that one. So you mean when you're in your "profile" page that lists all of your price alerts, you'd like to be able to click on the product name for each price alert to see the full price history information for that product?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Music Software Deals said:

Hey sorry I missed that one. So you mean when you're in your "profile" page that lists all of your price alerts, you'd like to be able to click on the product name for each price alert to see the full price history information for that product?

No, I'd like to be able to click on the Product from there and go to the store where it is being sold.  So, in the "Price setup notification" section (and I think it should be separate from the History section) - assuming I'll be able to browse my "Price setups" without having to set one up and go to the email link that is sent (i.e. I'm not setting one up now so I can't look at the ones I have set up) - it would be super handy to be able to click on my Product from right there and go to the store that is selling it.  I hope that made sense!  😦

-------

OK, I just set one up.  So from my "All Alerts" page where it lists the Price Alerts I have set up, it would be great to be able to click on a Product in my list and go to the store just like on the main page of the site....

Edited by mibby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mibby said:

No, I'd like to be able to click on the Product from there and go to the store where it is being sold.  So, in the "Price setup notification" section (and I think it should be separate from the History section) - assuming I'll be able to browse my "Price setups" without having to set one up and go to the email link that is sent (i.e. I'm not setting one up now so I can't look at the ones I have set up) - it would be super handy to be able to click on my Product from right there and go to the store that is selling it.  I hope that made sense!  😦

-------

OK, I just set one up.  So from my "All Alerts" page where it lists the Price Alerts I have set up, it would be great to be able to click on a Product in my list and go to the store just like on the main page of the site....

OK cool, but which store? Because you setup a price alert for multiple stores, so when you click on the product name, which store does it bring you to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Music Software Deals said:

OK cool, but which store? Because you setup a price alert for multiple stores, so when you click on the product name, which store does it bring you to?

Good point.  I was thinking along the line of the Gallery View where the user picks one of the stores that has the item. 

How do you determine which store to go to when you select a product link from the List View?  It looks like the last one in the list maybe?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mibby said:

Good point.  I was thinking along the line of the Gallery View where the user picks one of the stores that has the item. 

How do you determine which store to go to when you select a product link from the List View?  It looks like the last one in the list maybe?  

Maybe we could just link the product name in the price alerts page to the main product price history/alerts page so when you click it you will see all of the ongoing sales there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Music Software Deals said:

Maybe we could just link the product name in the price alerts page to the main product price history/alerts page so when you click it you will see all of the ongoing sales there?

That would work nicely, I think.  I just now noticed you link from the History page.

I'm sure you're getting tired of hearing this, but this is a great idea and super useful!  Well done!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, mibby said:

That would work nicely, I think.  I just now noticed you link from the History page.

I'm sure you're getting tired of hearing this, but this is a great idea and super useful!  Well done!

Cool we'll do that so.

Thanks glad you like it! Any other suggestions please do send our way!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...