XLN Flash Sale - 40% Off XO and XO Expansions

cclarry

16 hours ago, cclarry said:

40% off XO
including new XO expansions

Sale ends December 13th

https://www.xlnaudio.com/products

I have a friend who loves XO, but I still haven't bitten yet. So, @cclarry, I suppose it's a positive sign that at least the XLN folks are working on something. While I'm not upset at them for not doing anything to AD2 for so long like you are, I do hope that AD3 is in the works. It would be nice if XLN at least communicated about it with customers. It is strange to see a developer not do any major updates to its flagship product for what seems like a decade. I suppose at some point I'll pick up XO, but I'm mainly a rock musician (a former pro drummer) who primarily uses acoustic drum sample libraries and VSTs, so XO would be something I would use a lot less often that AD2 (or hopefully, AD3 someday soon). 

10 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I have a friend who loves XO, but I still haven't bitten yet. So, @cclarry, I suppose it's a positive sign that at least the XLN folks are working on something. While I'm not upset at them for not doing anything to AD2 for so long like you are, I do hope that AD3 is in the works. It would be nice if XLN at least communicated about it with customers. It is strange to see a developer not do any major updates to its flagship product for what seems like a decade. I suppose at some point I'll pick up XO, but I'm mainly a rock musician (a former pro drummer) who primarily uses acoustic drum sample libraries and VSTs, so XO would be something I would use a lot less often that AD2 (or hopefully, AD3 someday soon). 

On the other side, when developers announce something and it gets delayed, they can get some pretty harsh bashing like Eastwest received for the delay of Hollywood Opus Orchestra. Maybe it’s better to announce about a new product when it’s ready or almost ready.

13 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

XO is probably their new flagship.

I bought the Pastel Punch expansion and was enjoying it so much that I bought Oscillations today.  What's great about XO is you can use stuff like this as starting points to bring your own sounds into.  

XO is becoming something I use more and more.  I really wondered if I was wasting money when I bought it because it was so different from all my other drum stuff.  But it works for me.   I am always looking for new sounds to use with it.  I've got a pretty decent collection of foley type noises, world instruments, and other out of the way percussion.     

I'm probably going to pick up the AudioModern VSTBuzz deal to use in XO.

I will be eagerly awaiting what expansions XLN brings out in the future.  Only on sale though.  $39 is ridiculous.

• Like 1