Spitfire Labs Electric Guitar

cclarry

2 hours ago, Zo said:

Are there some DI in ?

Not like the Bass Guitar, which actually has 2 presets labeled as DI.

But you can turn the reverb effect  down all the way, and get them as dry as was recorded. They probably ran some through a basic amp.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, paulo said:

am I really missing anything?

I rarely use samples (other than drums) and had ignored Spitfire Audio as yet another high end strings for film but find the LABS  to be an interesting collection of  somewhat unique samples suitable for ear candy in arrangements. Arguably more useful than yet another amp sim or compressor clone.  

But beware, they are high quality marketing hooks which could contribute to you missing something from your wallet... I've bought a couple products since.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, paulo said:

I've never bothered downloading any of the Labs stuff - am I really missing anything?

There are currently 43 free libraries in the LABS collection. It is a collection of unique samples that you may find useful if you are into sound design. I have about 19GB installed in my LABS sample folder. https://www.spitfireaudio.com/labs/getting-started/

It uses its own player, that opens as a plugin, which is very minimalist. You have control over expression (volume), modulation, and reverb. Everything else is baked into the preset. But there are some interesting and unique sounds in here!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Fleer said:

What do meant was: can we add them to our account without downloading (in order to download them later)? 

Well actually, LABS  download is ala carte.  The free LABS products are available as you are ready for them. No need to be added to a specific user account, as there is no account required, other than "installed" or"not downloaded" under the LABS tab in your Spitfire Audio app.

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fleer said:

They’re all in my account, but the last ones required downloading to get them there. I’d like to add them without downloading :)

I understand. To a hardcore "collector" this is a clever scheme by Spitfire to frustrate! 😁

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, cclarry said:

Go to your download directory...you'll find that under "Settings" and then "Default Content Path",
and see if there is a partial download there that might be clogging the lane...

No partial download but thanks for directing me to the Settings.

I finally toggled "Use Cloudfront CDN" (I don't know what it means...) and the download started! 👍

• Great Idea 1

22 minutes ago, asprog said:

No partial download but thanks for directing me to the Settings.

I finally toggled "Use Cloudfront CDN" (I don't know what it means...) and the download started! 👍

CDN stands for Content Delivery Network. A website can host its downloadable content somewhere other than its own web host. Often much faster.

• Like 1