Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
batsbrew

"Pali Face", a fuzzy spacey instrumental

Recommended Posts

"If you're lookin' for texture, you've come to the right place"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the fuzz sounded good - I like the song too.  I have an Ibanez 60's fuzz pedal which I haven't used in awhile - it sounds like "In A Godda Da Vida". I thought your fuzz was a bit different than that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 9:47 AM, Lynn said:

"If you're lookin' for texture, you've come to the right place"

hey lynn!! yes, textures-r-us with this one,

i'm doing a lot of experimenting with this new fuzz pedal i got,

and i'm using some songs that i'm in the middle of writing, to throw down some 'textures'.

i'm also playing two keyboards on this one, so it sounds different than my usual guitar centric stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2019 at 2:34 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

I thought the fuzz sounded good - I like the song too.  I have an Ibanez 60's fuzz pedal which I haven't used in awhile - it sounds like "In A Godda Da Vida". I thought your fuzz was a bit different than that.

 

hey douglas!

thanks for listening....

inadoddadavida, a bit before my time! i don't know what kind of fuzz they used on that,

but this is a clone of a couple of different fuzzes, a jumbo bender, and a classic triangle.

it also has a brilliant little switch called 'sludge' switch, that allows you to dial in exactly how much low end you pass thru the circuit, which lets you really tighten up a phatty fuzz.

i used all settings of the pedal on this demo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Textures indeed!!!  I absoflippinlutely loved this song.  It seems that it is hard to find any new songs that are instrumentals -- we need more instrumentals!  As usual your skills in mixing and playing are excellent but you certainly have a talent for crafting excellent music. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 3:30 AM, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi batsbrew,

Great sound + great guitar playing, lovely textures.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

thanks so much paul! glad you liked this one

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 10:16 AM, daryl1968 said:

lovely Bats - immense in fact.

I also like your slightly unusual snare sound there

hey daryl! good ear, the snare.

 

that is actually 5 snares stacked on top of each other, ala superior drummer x-drums.

i may try adding a touch of verb on the end of one of the snares, to let the tail hang out a bit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2019 at 3:44 PM, bayoubill said:

MY kind of music!!!

LOVE IT!!

Thanks Gonzo

you are very welcome bill!

thanks for listening

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2019 at 8:44 AM, freddy j said:

Textures indeed!!!  I absoflippinlutely loved this song.  It seems that it is hard to find any new songs that are instrumentals -- we need more instrumentals!  As usual your skills in mixing and playing are excellent but you certainly have a talent for crafting excellent music. 

hi freddy! 

so glad you dig this one, it's a direction i'd like to explore more,

so maybe your comments help fuel that interest!

as far as the instrumental stuff goes,

i kinda feel like it's a bit of a lesser achievement, because i can just solo over almost anything, and get something out of it.

but, it IS a good backing track to solo over, because it's so simple... feels a bit like a cheat!

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overtones of Gilmore's first solo album is what I am hearing Bat's sounds nice and chilled in a fuzzy way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2019 at 1:15 PM, John Maar said:

Hope the ideas in this wind up on a CD like Trouble!

hey john!

 

it will!

 

(or, a cd like "The Time is Magic", or on a cd like "Stay")

:D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, batsbrew said:

hey john!

 

it will!

 

(or, a cd like "The Time is Magic", or on a cd like "Stay")

:D

Some 'hey' back at you, Bob. [If you prefer Robert, just pretend I said 'Robert'. 😋]

I didn't list those 'cause I haven't bought them yet. 😄

Good thing I have an account at CD Baby! This is a good reminder.

I've still got a bunch of Bob Marley to get through (in my car), but when I get to the end of his catalog, Trouble is on top of the stack going in next. Actually, this would be a good time to pick up the other two. They'll be here by the time I'm done (this time!) with Marley.

Did I ever tell you that the Trouble CD arrived with the front insert in upside down?

The bat looked freakin' awesome upside down! What a strut!

So I left it that way!

You just keep doing what you're doing!

Edited by John Maar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Maar said:

Some 'hey' back at you, Bob. [If you prefer Robert, just pretend I said 'Robert'. 😋]

I didn't list those 'cause I haven't bought them yet. 😄

Good thing I have an account at CD Baby! This is a good reminder.

I've still got a bunch of Bob Marley to get through (in my car), but when I get to the end of his catalog, Trouble is on top of the stack going in next. Actually, this would be a good time to pick up the other two. They'll be here by the time I'm done (this time!) with Marley.

Did I ever tell you that the Trouble CD arrived with the front insert in upside down?

The bat looked freakin' awesome upside down! What a strut!

So I left it that way!

You just keep doing what you're doing!

i feel upside down most of the time.

LOL..........!

I JUST LOWERED THE PRICE... on the cd's, so your timing is great!

appreciate the support! got a new one on the way.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×