Pulsar Audio 1178

cclarry

Oui!   And they're tre$ cher...    😕 

Smasher is good.  Because of that, I demoed the MU and liked it perfectly fine, but just couldn't pull the trigger to buy it.  Echorec looks pretty great too, but I recently picked up the T-Racks Tape Echo and kind of scratched that itch.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mibby said:

Oui!   And they're tre$ cher...    😕 

Smasher is good.  Because of that, I demoed the MU and liked it perfectly fine, but just couldn't pull the trigger to buy it.  Echorec looks pretty great too, but I recently picked up the T-Racks Tape Echo and kind of scratched that itch.

For the Echorec, I grabbed this one instead (no-ilock, uses authorization files instead) and it is one of the most "analog" sounding guitar related in the box effects I've used.   https://www.audiority.com/shop/echoes-t7e/

I bought it after getting the Tape Echo thanks to a 50% off sale, and ran the demo.  It was quite a bit different (they are based on different delay technolgies). 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

For the Echorec, I grabbed this one instead (no-ilock, uses authorization files instead) and it is one of the most "analog" sounding guitar related in the box effects I've used.

I've been watching for a sale on that one and keep meaning to demo it.  I've got a couple of Audiority plugins. They're top notch!

I like the UI on the Pulsar one the best though.

Edited by mibby

20 minutes ago, mibby said:

I've been watching for a sale on that one and keep meaning to demo it.  I've got a couple of Audiority plugins. They're top notch!

I like the UI on the Pulsar one the best though.

Note the bottom half of the Audiority one can be hidden when you don't want the extra controls.

The pulsar one has some pretty annoying logoing going on all the knobs.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Note the bottom half of the Audiority one can be hidden when you don't want the extra controls.

The pulsar one has some pretty annoying logoing going on all the knobs.  

Yup, I am also appreciating such things like changing layout to current needs not keeping not usable in given context buttons, knobs or so...

Real hardware cannot make its knobs to disappear but why trying to keep every stupid limitation of real hw and move it to virtual world where there are no limitations so everything should be adjusted to provide at first look things working in given context. Not to mess picture with things which are not working.

While I like vintage things and appreciate saving the good about it I completely do not understand why forcing to keep also its limitations?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cclarry said:

just got a personal offer as an owner of a Pulsar Product to get it for 59 Euros instead of 89!
Check your emails!

Using everyplugin link you posted I see it for $74 which is basically the 59 euros you posted about.  Maybe price came down?

• Like 1