Virharmonic Choirs Blowout Sale

Reid Rosefelt

14 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

Wordbuilder is not easy to use.

I'm under the impression that most of them need a lot of work to sound good? These are my first vocal libraries with a word builder and I'm hoping they will fit my modest needs. The price is pretty good compared to other word builder libraries, at least.

• Like 1

I downloaded them all and had a quick play through.

My first impression is that I'm not impressed.  I wish I hadn't rushed into this.  I should have stopped and done more research. 

IMO the vocals don't work at all without a lot of reverb on them.   When you take the reverb off they don't sound so great.  Honestly they sound too washy with all that reverb. 

When I have time I will explore the mics and presets more.  Maybe I will like them more later.   But the raw samples don't sound good to my ears so I don't know what I'll be able to do.   When you compare this to  the immediate first impression you get from Genesis or Solo Opera or Jaeger or 8dio's The New Sopranos, or the terrific Calypso by Auddict that was just on sale, they don't stand up for me. 

The wordbuilder is cool, though.  Much more developed than most.  But first I have to believe in the vocals enough to want to take the time earn to use it.   🤔

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2

I was very tempted by the price for the set but listening to the demos there is still a fair degree of unreality / artefacts that put me off (apart from the fact I'm already overwhelmed Total max Studio and all the free VSTi's I have!) Not convinced by the word builder either and the GUI looks dreadful 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So I decided if they still had licenses I would get the bundle and since they weren’t sold out I got it.  So far I really like the sound.  I plan to blend it with other vocal libraries.  Discount is crazy and I have been eyeing these for a while.  I’ll need to keep playing with these for a while but so far not regretting the purchase. 

• Like 3