Izotope Vocalsynth

cclarry

1 hour ago, Mesh said:

Is it really that bad?

I wouldn't ever say it is bad. It is very creative effect and letting to do zylion funny things to sound not necessary only for vocals. Like lots funny effects for guitars, keys etc...

Edited by Piotr
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mesh said:

Is it really that bad? Generally, most Izotope products are top notch.

I loves me some Izotope Mesh, great company and I have many of their plug-ins which are great but this one has always kinda passed me by. The new version is better and can be amusing to play with if you've nothing better to do, but I've never manged to make it do anything to vocals that I've actually wanted to use. Maybe it's just me or not suited to what I'm trying to do. I've always looked as it as being a freebie as far as I am concerned -  part of a bundle of things that I did want, so I've nothing to gripe about, but even given my love of all things Izotope I can't say that I would specifically set out to buy it.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, paulo said:

I loves me some Izotope Mesh, great company and I have many of their plug-ins which are great but this one has always kinda passed me by. The new version is better and can be amusing to play with if you've nothing better to do, but I've never manged to make it do anything to vocals that I've actually wanted to use. Maybe it's just me or not suited to what I'm trying to do. I've always looked as it as being a freebie as far as I am concerned -  part of a bundle of things that I did want, so I've nothing to gripe about, but even given my love of all things Izotope I can't say that I would specifically set out to buy it.

It's probably oversimplifying to say that this plugin is more useful to Genre's like EMD and Trap and Pop etc... although I'm sure it could be used elsewhere but those are the Genres where most will find it useful. I did watch a tutorial where someone used it to "thicken" vocals with it as well, which can be done with any Chorus or Doubler plugin but still another use that can make it worthwhile.

I have VocalSynth 2 and although I don’t use it on vocals, I find it useful for adding some interesting background atmosphere to instruments carrying a simple melody line when I turn the Mix knob down to around 50% or less. Fully engaged it’s almost always too much.

4 hours ago, Patrick Derbidge said:

It's probably oversimplifying to say that this plugin is more useful to Genre's like EMD and Trap and Pop etc... although I'm sure it could be used elsewhere but those are the Genres where most will find it useful. I did watch a tutorial where someone used it to "thicken" vocals with it as well, which can be done with any Chorus or Doubler plugin but still another use that can make it worthwhile.

Yeah, as I said maybe it's just that it's not really a good fit for me.