Spitfire Black Weekend Nov 28th to Dec 3rd

cclarry

Looking over their collection images, I must say they are rather difficult reading.  I get it when I read "Symphonic Strings", but the cover art work is not typical on most of them, nor the descriptions.

When I scan down the page and see "Olafur Arnalds Evolutions" I think, What the heck is that?

Same thing for a bunch of them:  Orchestral Swarm?, Hauschka Composer Toolkit?, The Grange?, Edna Earth?, BT Phobos?, and many others.

First instinct is to move on.  I don't have time to click every image to see what might pop up next.

Edited by Toddskins
  • Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, Toddskins said:

Looking over their collection images, I must say they are rather difficult reading.  I get it when I read "Symphonic Strings", but the cover art work is not typical on most of them, nor the descriptions.

When I scan down the page and see "Olafur Arnalds Evolutions" I think, What the heck is that?

Same thing for a bunch of them:  Orchestral Swarm?, Hauschka Composer Toolkit?, The Grange?, Edna Earth?, BT Phobos?, and many others.

First instinct is to move on.  I don't have time to click every image to see what might pop up next.

They are mostly "Composer Collections".  Most in the field know who these people are,
and that is why Spitfire is so revered.

Edited by cclarry

I have all of the Ton except the piano, so it's $12.34 for me.  Not sure it's worth it to be honest, may have to look at the videos/audio samples a bit.  I have too many pianos now.

eDNA was my first Spitfire purchase and also (before BBCSO) the one I regretted greatly.  It is the prime example of "amazing Kontakt instrument with lots of controls and sounds that can't be used to make any music".  I'm sure there are musicians that can work on it's level.  They can find some way to blend it with other instruments to create something amazing.  I'm not one of them though.

I picked up BDT last year.  It's kind of the opposite of eDNA.  It's pretty much can play itself and everything that comes out of it is musical.  It is kind of hard to layer with anything (just like eDNA).  But if you need underscore, background music for film/video/games, it's pretty cool.  I think I paid $99 for it and haven't regretted it.

• Thanks 1