What Do You Use Your DAW For?

razor7music

4 hours ago, pwal said:

nice hobby tho? 🤪

The Visa/MC merchant's account issuer, Authorize.net, web host, shopping cart provider, insurance company, business bank account, state sales tax authority, and the IRS who make a share of everything I sell doesn't think so. They all want to be my silent partners. :D

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

The Visa/MC merchant's account issuer, Authorize.net, web host, shopping cart provider, insurance company, business bank account, state sales tax authority, and the IRS who make a share of everything I sell doesn't think so. They all want to be my silent partners. :D

You bet your S they do! 😁 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

The http://s-cats.com is only something that redirects to my Norton Music website, https://www.nortonmusic.com/cats/cats.html

It seems foolish to me to spend money putting the money on the S site when it immediately switches to a site with the https

So the site is https, but the pointer to the site is not.

As long as you don't have the add-on “https everywhere” on your browser, you will never notice it.

---------

Funny story. When getting the pesky little S, and wanting to register the S to my business site, my webhost put the application to a German company that authorizes and either approves or disapproves it. They are the ultimate authority, and if you get their approval, every anti-viral or browser extension will not reject your certificate.

After my application was sent ... ...

They rejected it saying that Norton Music isn't a real business.

I referred them to my website where you can buy things, and it also seamlessly links to a secure, well established shopping cart site. Didn't work.

Tried proving I have a Visa/MasterCard merchant's account. Zip

Gave them a link to my Authorization.net account where they authorize Visa/MC cards online. Nada.

So I sent them a picture of my Florida state sales tax license, plus my EIN number for federal income tax (Employer Identification Number). No dice.

I sent copies of sales invoices when I sold my Band-in-a-Box aftermarket software to customers in the 1990s. No good.

Next, I sent a copy of a voided check to my business banking account. Didn't work.

About a week later, and probably over 30 hours total hold time (with lousy on-hold music and constant “your call is important” interruptions) and another few hours actually talking to a human, I'm at my wits' end.

I'm asking to speak to a supervisor – and another – and another. With their thick German accents, I'm having trouble and asking them to repeat a lot, and I'm getting more and more frustrated. I have a lot of other work to do, and it seems like my life is now a futile attempt to get that all essential S at the end of my http.

Finally, I get to a guy who says, OK I did a Google search, and your site came up, so that proves you are a legitimate business.

• Website - no
  • Shopping cart - no
  • Visa/Mc merchant's account - no
  • Authorize.net account - no
  • Florida Merchant's sales tax account - no
  • EIN number for the USA IRS - no
  • Sales invoices dating from the 1990s to the present - no
  • Business checking account - no
  • Google search - YES!!!

Go figure.

I spent hundreds of dollars plus 10 dollars a month to get this "business” S because the lesser priced ones are sometimes rejected as unsafe by those with the strictest protection on their browsers and/or anti-malware apps. All the "no“ answers above take a piece of the money I earn for every sale I make. But the FREE google search finally means I'm really in business.

Sometimes the world doesn't make sense.

Insights, incites, and unintentional humor by Notes ♫

Just don't put your credit card information in there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jimbo 88 said:

pay the mortgage

Ah, we took out a 15-year mortgage, paid an extra $100 every month, paid early and had it paid off in 10 years. It's nice not having to pay for our house every month.

We bought it for 60K in 1990, a vacant lot, farther away from the water (less valuable around these parts) just sold for $250K.

We'd cash in on our investment, but everything else is so damn expensive now, and we like where we are living.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2018 at 5:25 AM, razor7music said:

Hello Group--

Just a light-hearted thread to see what everyone's into.

Do you use your DAW to produce your own tracks? Are you for hire? What do you do with your tracks? Sell them yourself? Get them plugged by an intermediary? Audio for film? Etc?

I'll start: I produce my own original tracks and get them plugged by a couple of intermediaries (Taxi, Hit License). I plan on investing in a digital distribution service next year--probably around summer when my Taxi subscription runs out -- then I plan on trying to sell my tracks through iTunes, Amazon, etc. via my website, etc.

How about you? 😊

We would love to hear your works.

42 minutes ago, Bridget Murphy said:

Do you guys have any interest towards irish music?

I've got a U2 album somewhere.

Turns to address the rest of the forum.....

I know and I'm sorry.

Please don't judge me. There was this one track I just liked at the time for whatever reason and the cd single was about half the price of the album, so I figured if the album had at least one other track that I liked I'd come out of it even.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bridget Murphy said:

Do you guys have any interest towards irish music?

Sure. i am a big fan of Chieftains and Corrs. One of the albums that had a huge influence on me as a teenager was Van Morrison and Chieftains album that I just picked up for not good reason. It was an album that changed my taste in music.  Up until them, most of the stuff I was listening to was the regular kind of stuff that was popular back then, hair spray metal, rock, pop and other stuff. But that record probably started my journey into world music and discovering other artists that did not occupy the top 100 mainstream charts.