Logic Pro 11 Coming May 13th!

cclarry

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

Gimme gimme gimme a DAW after midnight 

Gimme a DAW that doesn’t need to have developers take their precious time apart from improving their products to update to the latest OS every other year.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Jim Roseberry said:

Read what's new...

For many DAWs, that would be more of a .x (point) release.

For many DAWs, they would be at least at version 16 by now given all the free .x (point) updates over the decade. Hard to believe Logic 10 was released in 2013 and just now its being named 11. And amazingly it seems to be a free upgrade for current users! What other DAW does this?! Extremely cool for budget conscious music producers! But yeah, I dont know why they chose THIS update to be 11. Seems there were previous updates more impactful and worthy of the name upgrade, at least based on what I've read so far on the new features which seem to be upgrade instruments and effects and not much upgraded DAW functionality . 

My biggest question is if Logic 11 projects will open in Logic 10? Was considering upgrading my laptop later this year, but if that makes my projects incompatible with my desktop studio, I might hold off (unless of course you can still instal Logic 10).

Edited by JT3Jon
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, JT3Jon said:

For many DAWs, they would be at least at version 16 by now given all the free .x (point) updates over the decade. Hard to believe Logic 10 was released in 2013 and just now its being named 11. And amazingly it seems to be a free upgrade for current users! What other DAW does this?! Extremely cool for budget conscious music producers! But yeah, I dont know why they chose THIS update to be 11. Seems there were previous updates more impactful and willing of the name upgrade. 

Was a big Logic fan in the early days.

Things like realtime non-destructive Quantize were ahead of their time.

Not the same (IMO) since bought by Apple.