Humble Bundle - Vegas Pro Collection (worst deal yet)

Brian Walton

22 minutes ago, Solidos said:

FYI, Magix has filed for Insolvency fairly recently: https://www.cined.com/magix-producer-of-vegas-pro-files-for-insolvency/

They "intend to sustain their operations until a new investor is secured"

That is sad.

Marketing on the site seems different - as it seems like there was talk about going forward with Vegas but killing off other products in the stable.

I personally use VIDEO PRO X series instead of Vegas.

image.png.93579d0d62cd5eec71f065f891585e68.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Marketing on the site seems different - as it seems like there was talk about going forward with Vegas but killing off other products in the stable.

You mean video products?

Surely Samplitude, Sequoia, Music Maker and Sound Forge would have their futures secured.

2 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

You mean video products?

Surely Samplitude, Sequoia, Music Maker and Sound Forge would have their futures secured.

Yes, I think I saw more about the Video side, but revenue was hurting over all and makes me wonder if they will streamline offerings across teh board.

Ex.  Sound Forge obviously has more than 1 tier of product.  

image.png.3719d87078e71c97efcb1f97c4c05acd.png

One of the comments in that insolvency thread says it all... "Switching to DaVinci Resolve." The free version is already more capable than most apps and if you ever need Studio (for many this is highly unlikely) it is a one-time $295 (that upgrades forever after, at least thus far). There is a YT video somewhere very damning to Adobe... $600/year for Premiere Pro/Mocha versus a one-time payment of $295 for the same feature set. Resolve is one of the few apps with a free version that has very few limitations to it; very well worth learning since you can do your thing and seamlessly jump to Studio should that day ever come.

• Great Idea 1

It's amazing that Serif got a payday with Affinity by creating a product that respects the user (not that I like that they sold themselves, but whatever) whereas Magix and others of such ilk create software that basically feels like bloatware/adware, instead of focusing on actually creating well optimized, fluid, great products. If they fall over, they've got only themselves to blame for being stagnant and doing crap software.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Trying to find 100% verification on this.   Kinda odd to see something that says 1 year license on older products.

1 hour ago, mettelus said:

One of the comments in that insolvency thread says it all... "Switching to DaVinci Resolve." The free version is already more capable than most apps and if you ever need Studio (for many this is highly unlikely) it is a one-time $295 (that upgrades forever after, at least thus far). There is a YT video somewhere very damning to Adobe... $600/year for Premiere Pro/Mocha versus a one-time payment of $295 for the same feature set. Resolve is one of the few apps with a free version that has very few limitations to it; very well worth learning since you can do your thing and seamlessly jump to Studio should that day ever come.

I like resolve but they really need to work on optimization in the free version.  Needs a powerful machine to even work on content I created 10+ years ago with Premiere Pro CS6 on a 15+ year old machine.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

Trying to find 100% verification on this.   Kinda odd to see something that says 1 year license on older products.

That fanatical bundle also posted has the same thing.  Guessing it is intentional, but would also be curious to know for sure.

15 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

They aren't going to give you a one year sub to the latest version, which has only been out a few months.
They always sell old versions via Humble and no reason it can't be the same for a sub.

40 minutes ago, Esteban Villanova said:

Hopefully Samplitude/Sequoia will be picked up by a more competent company. Serious piece of kit.

Do you have any contenders in mind? 

Maybe Behringer will realize that buying a DAW is better than copying one from scratch 😆

They may just stick with flagship products.

Rare when code is taken over does the new company become competent.  The only way that happens if you bring the former developers.  That is pretty hard to do these days unless those developers were dismissed.  Sony selling of its software to Magix is a prime example. There were hopes when Garritan bought the Giga technology.   Magix never could improve the former Sony products other than porting to 64 bit.  Even their Soundpool loops couldn't compare to the ones by Sony.

Magix use to sell their entry level products back when brick and mortar places had boxed software. Cakewalk use to do the same.  I think that kinda hurts sales.  The early version of Samplitude Studio when vst wasn't supreme was a killer DAW unlike the studio version today.

Most likely there will be no versions of Acid anymore.

It's sad when this happens in the DAW world.  Other developers never rejoice thinking the market gives them an advantage. They think they could be next.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Technostica said:

They aren't going to give you a one year sub to the latest version, which has only been out a few months.
They always sell old versions via Humble and no reason it can't be the same for a sub.

So they tinker with older software to set up a sub for it. That's why I think it's odd.  It's doesn't look like many bought this bundle and most likely the confusion is over licensing.  I haven't seen any inquiries on the Magix forums.

6 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

So they tinker with older software to set up a sub for it. That's why I think it's odd.

They've been doing subs for years now, so this version was available as a sub from the start.
It's not unusual to see other companies offer subs on Humble either.

• Like 1