I'm talking all the music down

All we have is a bunch of gyrating prostitots, decades-past-their-prime rockers trying to squeeze every drop of cash out of their decaying fanbase, and no-talents using chord generators to bloop away on their laptops.

Edited by Starship Krupa

34 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

All we have is a bunch of gyrating prostitots, decades-past-their-prime rockers trying to squeeze every drop of cash out of their decaying fanbase, and no-talents using chord generators to bloop away on their laptops.

Phew - I have a desktop so I'm excluded.

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 2
  • Haha 2

• Starship Krupa changed the title to I'm talking all the music down

Look at the promo for DAWs on the developers web sites.
It’s always a  Young person wearing headphones sitting at a laptop. There’s the target market. 
Sometimes you will see a guitar but rare. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, John Vere said:

Look at the promo for DAWs on the developers web sites.
It’s always a  Young person wearing headphones sitting at a laptop. There’s the target market. 
Sometimes you will see a guitar but rare. 

But... but... I have guitar patches, don't those count??? 😮

• Haha 1

On 4/23/2024 at 2:31 PM, Starship Krupa said:

I listened to what you said but please forgive me for what I'm about to say next .

I closed my eyes and this is the face I saw saying all of that 😅

ITAfUAl.jpeg

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

I listened to what you said but please forgive me for what I'm about to say next .

ITAfUAl.jpeg

Kenny

This picture strikes fear into the heart of this man who went to 6 years of Catholic school. 

It's worse than a zombie apocalypse.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

ITAfUAl.jpeg

Kenny

Trying to imagine what the sister in the photo might consider "good" music made me remember the "beautiful music" radio format that started to die out in the early 80's (which was....hmmm....now that I think of it, right around the time that the "classic rock" format was born. Coincidence?).

My mom (b. 1937, "Mad Men" generation), who is now more into smooth jazz and mellower contemporary pop R'n'B stuff, LOVED that format in her late 30's and early 40's.

Bless her heart, I thank her to this day (out loud and via our favorite messaging program, Telegram) for the two cultural channels that she kept open my entire childhood and teen years: any (non-pr0n) book I wanted was mine, either as a gift or via library, AND as soon as I got in the car, control of the radio was mine. Hit the programmed button for at first the Boss Radio station, and later album rock FM.

The only time she drew the line on the book thing was when I wanted an Alice Cooper bio (she thought Alice-who may be more politically conservative than she is now for all I know-was too culturally subversive, although as a retired teacher, "School's Out" was a turn-it-up).

(send me mum healing mojo; she had a fall a couple weeks ago and is in hospital hoping to get home to her husband soon)

• Like 2

On 4/24/2024 at 7:44 AM, John Vere said:

There’s the target market.

I guess it's up to plug-ins to wring the coin out of the gr'ups. Look at the way age skews in our own Deals forum. 😂

But it could also be that just about every DAW can perform the task of recording and comping audio tracks. That workflow is pretty similar across DAW's IME; ITB production is probably where the biggest distinctions appear.

DAW's don't need to play "my comping is better than your comping," but they need to do it with clip and loop based workflows?

John's comment also makes me wonder whether DAW advertising that also featured a photo of a 4-piece band using it might make it more attractive to people who primarily record instruments, help make it the DAW of choice. Show the shoppers that they still pay attention to that crowd.

11 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

This picture strikes fear into the heart of this man who went to 6 years of Catholic school. 

It's worse than a zombie apocalypse.

Yep!  6 years is the same amount of time as far as my parochial school  incarceration went.

I took a lot of beatings . All I know is those Nuns were tough ,  I'll  never be half the man some of them Nuns were  .

10 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Trying to imagine what the sister in the photo might consider "good" music "

My educated guess would be Only the hymn book approved selections would be considered 😆

True story ...by the time the Stones , The Beatles , Chet Atkins and The Doors were making the rounds on The Ed Sullivan show I had already made up my mind what I wanted to do with my life .  

I remember the day a Nun asked the whole class what they wanted to be when they grew up ...When it got to my turn  I jumped up on top of my desk and started doing some Elvis gyrations and proclaimed rather loudly "I want to Rock" .

With out missing a beat the Nun  hit me with a big shoe and beat my butt with a paddle in front of the whole class ...

Many years later when I was an adult I visited that school and noticed it was surrounded with barbed wire everywhere .I figured OK this is the Bronx and the area had become a very dangerous neighborhood . As I stood there trying to make sense of my time there  I looked up to the sky and said out loud I guess they wouldn't let you in back then and  you still cant get in  . In that moment a calmness came over me and I understood where my experience had brought  me ...I had a good laugh gazing at the clouds while  holding imaginary hands with my creator .

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

"I want to Rock" .

With out missing a beat the Nun  hit me with a big shoe and beat my butt with a paddle in front of the whole class ...

Sounds like one of those times when you know you're doing something right if you're p'ing off certain people.

I got saved from the nuns. My brother went for his first two years. After that my mom figured out they didn't think very much of us. So when I started school the next year she sent us to public school.

My wife ( and many of my friends) went to a Catholic school run by nuns and they all loved it. Talk very well of the good times they had there. 

But that school my brother went too..... wasn't the same school. Or run the same way.

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1

The first two years with nuns were OK. Then the figured you reached the age of reason. I was put over the desk in front of the class and paddled more than once. Plus, if I get arthritis in my knuckles, I'll know who to blame.