Question!

cclarry

I've long since thought that any part of the CW experience that bandlab people actually have a hand in is dreadful. Bandlab assistant was the start of that feeling. I can't recall a single occasion where it just worked.  Next they "improved" the forum (!) and as for Sonar's old name with new make up relaunch......something about an inability to organise a social event in a brewery is mostly what springs to mind. 

• Like 3

Different experience here. I had no issues subscribing. The problems started when trying to change the monthly sub to yearly, to take advantage of the 30% off offer. But frankly, BL did me a favor. As soon as “pricing” is announced/offered I will cancel Backstage Pass and buy in. 
Clearly YMMV when dealing with BL…

t

13 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

Different experience here. I had no issues subscribing. The problems started when trying to change the monthly sub to yearly, to take advantage of the 30% off offer. But frankly, BL did me a favor. As soon as “pricing” is announced/offered I will cancel Backstage Pass and buy in. 
Clearly YMMV when dealing with BL…

t

The issue wasn't subscribing...the issue was access to the "Backstage Pass" that went into 
an infinite loop...and the Bandlab website is definitely NOT "intuitive", and I've been in IT
for 4 decades

I think it's too early to jump to conclusions. Let's wait and see if the new products are worth the household name. I do have my hopes and expectations, because Sonar and then CbB always just worked, and that is the best compliment for software product that I can think of.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

I think it's too early to jump to conclusions. Let's wait and see if the new products are worth the household name. I do have my hopes and expectations, because Sonar and then CbB always just worked, and that is the best compliment for software product that I can think of.

No conclusion jumping....it was experience....and it was bad.

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

All I did was authorize Sonar. That worked.

t

I couldn't even find Cakewalk Sonar, because I couldn't access "Backstage Pass"...it kept running me in 
circles...that was enough for me to say forget it

Posted (edited)

Ok...first impressions...it's kinda cartoony looking, rather than having the polished look that Cakewalk/Sonar had.
It's virtually the same program, just not as "robust" for lack of a better term, in a less aesthetic, but more 
HDPI friendly UI

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 3