What are your favorite guitar solos?

On 4/12/2024 at 3:41 PM, Mesh said:

I can't believe I forgot about Stanley Jordan. After seeing this, I sat with my wife and we watched about an hours worth of his videos. Phenomenal musician. His creativity is exceptional.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

19 hours ago, craigb said:

Found this featuring my buddy Walter!  Interesting line-up too.  I wondered if I would still see him playing after Jimmy (the bass player) died and he had his own health issues.  Guess I shouldn't have been too worried, eh? 🙂

Have you seen the new music video he put out a couple of weeks ago with Dee Snider of all people? Not bad at all!!!

Edited by CoveCamper
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, CoveCamper said:

Have you seen the new music video he put out a couple of weeks ago with Dee Snider of all people? Not bad at all!!!

Thanks for that!  I really miss being able to see Walter in small clubs (his "home" bar was a place called Perks right at the Huntington Beach pier in Southern California)...

mewalterandjimmy.jpg

• Like 2

Ha!  I hear him on that guitar shape!  The only "real" acoustic I ever owned was an Ovation.  My one custom guitar (which I may eventually get back) had Variax guts in it which modelled a few six and twelve string acoustics.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Kenny

That was some really good stuff!  I couldn't help but chuckle at the attempts back in the 1970's to put some of the audience behind the band though!  That huge camera must have been a bit annoying for the guys in front too, but this is some of the best camera work I've seen from that time period.

I had never heard of Phil Keaggy until last night at about 2 am.  The jam is long but stellar guitar work all the way through if you have the time.  Some real cool stuff about 13:00.  Has anybody ever heard of these guys?

Edited by Jesse Screed
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jesse Screed said:

I had never heard of Phil Keaggy until last night at about 2 am.  The jam is long but stellar guitar work all the way through if you have the time.  Some real cool stuff about 13:00.  Has anybody ever heard of these guys?

Woke up stupid early and just finished that B.B. King at Sing Sing video (very cool!).  I've got a few Glass Harp albums and Phil is highly underrated!  Watching this one now...