8Dio - The Century Strings 2.0 Bundle: Normale and Sordino - $48 - Flash Deal

Kirean

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

$148 here too. Same in cart. They probably made a mistake in the newsletter and forgot the "1" in "$148".

I thought so too but the email heading was "UNDER $50: The Century Strings 2.0 Bundle: Normale and Sordino".

Unless they somehow forgot the 1 from everything. But at ~150 buckaroonies it's not that good of a deal since it's been often way below that.

Edited by Kirean
  • Great Idea 1

5 minutes ago, Kirean said:

I thought so too but the email heading was "UNDER $50: The Century Strings 2.0 Bundle: Normale and Sordino".

Unless they somehow forgot the 1 from everything. But at ~150 buckaroonies it's not that good of a deal since it's been often way below that.

Ah. Then maybe it's the other way around? The "1" in "$148" on the shop shouldn't be there?

1 hour ago, audioschmaudio said:

$148 here too. Same in cart. They probably made a mistake in the newsletter and forgot the "1" in "$148".

The text of the message states that you are getting $750 off, so it is not a simple mistake of missing a 1. I sent a message to 8Dio support. They have been very accomodating in the past. We will see if they honour this deal. 

4 minutes ago, Promidi said:

These days, the currency can be hard drive space.....  Even at $US48, the 288GB part is a bit expensive.

Easy for some to forget that. Disk space is always cheap when you don't have to buy it.

I think part of that 288GB space if you install the lite versions as well.

17 hours ago, Canopus said:

288GB.

O.M.G.

I've reduced many of their libraries by deleting many of the MIC positions. Not sure how Century is set up (don't own), but it seems they have Two Mic Mixes in version 2.0, and up to 8 mic positions on top of that. It should be possible to reduce that footprint substantially if you have no use for the extensive mic arrays. 

The list on the product page is: Close 1, Close 2, Close 3, Close 4, Mixed, Decca, Close (another one?) and Wide. 

I've reduced a couple of their other libraries down to one close mic, mixed and decca and sometime the wide. Or just the Decca if I didn't like the close mic(s).  Has reduced those libraries by 50% or more. This one seems a bit more complicated as the site mentions the close mics vary depending on articulation.

Edited by Carl Ewing

I guess if you are looking for variety... They have at All Strings Bundle for $198

(moved to it's own post)

Edited by Barrie
Moved to it's own post