Shure SM7B Dynamic Vocal Microphone only $229.99

jesse g

10 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

The amount of fraud happening through Amazon, is pretty alarming. I'm not a fan of how some items come up through other sellers. Pretty shady, imo. It's like they don't vet anything at all.

There's little incentive for honesty, you may even get punished.  You don't get bonuses for the amount of business you turn away even if it's fraudulent and when the $$ is the only benchmark then we have issues.

Most of those companies will refund your money if you make a fuss, it's just the cost of doing business - for every return there's probably 5 to 10 that aren't and that is still a high profit margin.  

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

That's just bad business!   Companies like Walmart and Amazon should check out all of the folks who request to sell via their websites.  Selling false or bad products makes them look bad. Who cares about the little shady company lurking in the background who is actually selling the items. It's the larger company with the well known name that is going to get the bad rep for performing the final sale.

Here is a slap for Walmart and Amazon for allowing these creeps to use their website to do bad business.

image.png.47ef13bb37e0484fe4d62b23d279f742.png

• Like 3

You are correct Jesse. Walmart and Amazon should do a better job vetting the vendors that use their sites to sell.

That said, in reality it comes down to what Steven says... money. Amazon making a killing letting anyone, and I mean anyone sell products on thier site. They could care less if they rip someone off with fake products. They making their dollars.  

Walmart has watched from the sidelines and finally said, "heck with this, we not letting Amazon make all the money. We want our share too!" So they are doing the same thing.

Why? Cause we keep buying. And when we figure it out and stop buying bs fakes, they will have already made enough money to be able to shift to whatever business model necessary. 

As always: buyer beware.

• Like 2

I'm at a point now where I will only buy music products I know are being copied from official retailers like Sweetwater. The biggest issue is this: especially with Amazon, it doesn't matter if you buy from the official company store or not. Every item that gets shipped to Amazon's warehouse gets shoved into the same place as the fake ones because they are seen as the same item, and Amazon simply pulls from that supply so all those fakes just get mixed in with the real ones. So if you buy a Shure mic from the "Shure Store" on Amazon, there is still a high probability that you will be sent one of the fakes that just got thrown in the pile with the fake mics that look the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I do have to say, however, that I have bought some great equipment and had it shipped from well know companies via Walmart.  I know Walmart acts as a middle man for a bunch of great companies, and a lot of them are legit;  I just wish that the SKANKS and SKUNKS weren't among them.