NI Kontakt Updated to 7.7.3

cclarry

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - just wondering, is anyone else still having issues with Kontakt 7 - I simply cannot get Kontakt 7 to launch on my desktop - it will load in Cakewalk, but it really is glitchy.

I have reverted to using my Kontakt 6 - i am only using Kontakt 7 on any libraries that will not open in 6

Nigel

• Like 1

You can uninstall Kontakt 7 and then reinstall it if you are having problems with it. 

Go to control Panel > Programs and Features > look for Kontakt 7 and unintall it.   Restart the computer and then go to Native Access and you will see it there to reinstall again.  Make sure the path is correct to the location where it tshould be installed.

Good Luck because I have no computer technical skills whatsoever  🤣

• Haha 1

On 12/15/2023 at 5:27 AM, cclarry said:

Run Native Access to update

Screenshot 2023-12-15 063018.png

So, the update is updating KONTAKT to run ads for users to visit NI's site for new sample libraries, paid and free. 

Is there an option to turn that off? I might accept that in a free sampler-- although I wouldn't like it; it's intrusive and annoying in a very spammy way -- but in a paid sampler? That's really unwelcome and I'm sure 90+ percent of users will agree. NI obviously only put in the promos for freebies to attempt to get users to get on board with this. Disappointing. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, PavlovsCat said:

So, the update is basically updating users to visit NI's and ads for new sample libraries. Is there an option to turn that off?

In File / Options you can uncheck "Enable new instruments for you" panel.

(had me worried there, for a second)

• Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi - just wondering, is anyone else still having issues with Kontakt 7 - I simply cannot get Kontakt 7 to launch on my desktop - it will load in Cakewalk, but it really is glitchy.

I have reverted to using my Kontakt 6 - i am only using Kontakt 7 on any libraries that will not open in 6

Nigel

K7 has never behaved well for me.  I can't believe it is up to version 7.7 and still not working properly.  Two of my non-player libraries from SampleLogic (M.A.P. is one) crash Kontakt 7 when I try to change patches.  They DID work in an earlier 7.x version however! I thought "Batch Resave" would fix them, but all that did was stop them from working in Kontakt 6.  I had to reinstall from backups so I could use them (in Kontakt 6).  I can certainly see why developers are jumping (Kontakt) ship.

1 hour ago, Bajan Blue said:

Nigel

57 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

K7 has never behaved well for me.  I can't believe it is up to version 7.7 and still not working properly.  Two of my non-player libraries from SampleLogic (M.A.P. is one) crash Kontakt 7 when I try to change patches.  They DID work in an earlier 7.x version however! I thought "Batch Resave" would fix them, but all that did was stop them from working in Kontakt 6.  I had to reinstall from backups so I could use them (in Kontakt 6).  I can certainly see why developers are jumping (Kontakt) ship.

Check out possible fixes listed here:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How to fix long load time for Kontakt
Reset the Service Center .XML files manually
1.       Navigate to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Native instruments/Service Center
2.       Move the .xml files in this folder to the trash.
3.       After this is done, launch Native Access to create a new set of .xmls and restart your computer.
4.       Try opening KONTAKT again to see if the issue has been resolved.

Reinitialize the KONTAKT Database
1.       Click the Windows start button at the bottom left of your screen.
2.       Type "%localappdata%" and click the option that appears.
3.       Navigate to the Native Instruments folder.
4.       Then delete the following folder:
KONTAKT 7: "Kontakt 7"
5.       Start KONTAKT 7 in standalone mode (not in your DAW). If KONTAKT still crashes, proceed with the next chapter.

Note that once the XMLs and Database has been reset, please be sure to open the Kontakt standalone app first. The first load time may take longer, but once the database has been rebuilt, the load times should be much faster going forward.
~~~~~~~~~~
If the issue persists, first please delete the User Registry entries of Native Access and the TKDaemon:
1.       Click the Windows Start button at the bottom left side of your screen.
2.       Type "regedit" into the search field, then press Enter to open the Windows Registry Editor.
3.       In the Registry Editor, navigate the folder structure to this location and locate the folder for the NI product that is crashing:
4.       HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Native Instruments >
5.       Delete the "Native Access" and the "NTK" entries

Then please clear the Native Access cache by deleting the following folders:
1.       Click the Windows Start Button on the bottom left of your screen.
2.       Type %localappdata% and press Enter.
3.       This will open the following folder location: C > Users > *Your User Name* > AppData > Local
4.       go into the Native Instruments directory and delete the "Native Access" and the "NTK" folders

Original posting

Edited by TheSteven
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Check out possible fixes listed here:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How to fix long load time for Kontakt
Reset the Service Center .XML files manually
1.       Navigate to C:/Program Files/Common Files/Native instruments/Service Center
2.       Move the .xml files in this folder to the trash.
3.       After this is done, launch Native Access to create a new set of .xmls and restart your computer.
4.       Try opening KONTAKT again to see if the issue has been resolved.

Reinitialize the KONTAKT Database
1.       Click the Windows start button at the bottom left of your screen.
2.       Type "%localappdata%" and click the option that appears.
3.       Navigate to the Native Instruments folder.
4.       Then delete the following folder:
KONTAKT 7: "Kontakt 7"
5.       Start KONTAKT 7 in standalone mode (not in your DAW). If KONTAKT still crashes, proceed with the next chapter.

Note that once the XMLs and Database has been reset, please be sure to open the Kontakt standalone app first. The first load time may take longer, but once the database has been rebuilt, the load times should be much faster going forward.
~~~~~~~~~~
If the issue persists, first please delete the User Registry entries of Native Access and the TKDaemon:
1.       Click the Windows Start button at the bottom left side of your screen.
2.       Type "regedit" into the search field, then press Enter to open the Windows Registry Editor.
3.       In the Registry Editor, navigate the folder structure to this location and locate the folder for the NI product that is crashing:
4.       HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Native Instruments >
5.       Delete the "Native Access" and the "NTK" entries

Then please clear the Native Access cache by deleting the following folders:
1.       Click the Windows Start Button on the bottom left of your screen.
2.       Type %localappdata% and press Enter.
3.       This will open the following folder location: C > Users > *Your User Name* > AppData > Local
4.       go into the Native Instruments directory and delete the "Native Access" and the "NTK" folders

Original posting

Hi 

Thanks for this - shall give them a go

Nigel

My issue was Kontakt standalone was trying to load libjack64.dll . I'm assuming it was from an old Mixbus JACK driver install. After I deleted that I haven't had any issues with Kontakt 7 standalone starting up. If reinstall etc doesn't work, it might be a similar zombie driver situation.

• Great Idea 1

On 1/2/2024 at 8:25 PM, someoddmusic said:

My issue was Kontakt standalone was trying to load libjack64.dll . I'm assuming it was from an old Mixbus JACK driver install. After I deleted that I haven't had any issues with Kontakt 7 standalone starting up. If reinstall etc doesn't work, it might be a similar zombie driver situation.

I tried all the things Steven suggested and whilst it has improved loading speeds and by the looks of it, stability, using Kontakt 7 in a DAW, still could not get Kontakt 7 to open on my desktop.

I then saw your post - never heard of libjack64.dll, so did a search, found it, deleted it and Kontakt 7 started on my desktop straight away!!

Thanks so much, this tip is very much appreciated

Cheers

Nigel

• Thanks 1