Flat Rock * Final Mix * (again)

mark skinner

Hello , here's the Final Remix  of a country ballad I wrote with my former bass player "Ebb".  Pretty simple song done with my Yairi acoustic , Ibanez bass , and G&L electric. I used MT Power drums and Cakewalk effects. Thanks for the help getting this finished.   mark

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14693407

Edited by mark skinner
Remix
  • Like 3

@Teegarden , Thanks .. I'm in the middle of a remix now . There was a boost in the high mids at the mastering stage that may have been excessive. Normally this drum synth sounds good without messing with the EQ hardly any. I'll look closer at it. I'm also settling it down a bit using 1/8 instead of 1/16 patterns. I think it's a little busy for this type of song. I also centered the outro lead guitar , sounds better. I'll post a remix in a day or two. Still in the early stages ..   Thanks ..   mark

• Like 1

Hello , the link now reflects "remix 1".  I added a shaker to the chorus sections (still needs some work).  I changed the drums up some and reduced their volume. Worked on the bass guitar and did minor reverb changes on the G&L and Vox.  Still in the early stages and still needs a little close up editing .        Thanks ..  mark

• mark skinner changed the title to Flat Rock * Remix 1 *
  • mark skinner changed the title to Flat Rock * Remix 2 *

I've done a substantial Remix (2) that the link now reflects. I think it's real close to calling it done. I did some close up note editing , EQ changes and got the guitars panned away from the Vox tracks. That solved a lot of the problems. I'll probably do a little more work on the drums and let it rest for a while .    Thanks ..  mark

@DeeringAmps Thanks Tom for the listen and comment. I used to Love listening to a "completely finished" song with my Bose QC2 headphones. (they've got a crackle in them now). Not very good in the early stages , as they made everything sound too good. Mine have been wired , taped up , epoxied back together so many times , I only use them for noise cancelling using my power tools.     Later ..   mark

@DeeringAmps The final mix now reflects some drum changes suggested in your Next comment. I didn't want to bump the song back up , so I edited it here.  Thanx ..   mark

Edited by mark skinner
  • Like 1

• mark skinner changed the title to Flat Rock * Final Mix *

I really enjoyed this one Mark! I love the way the guitars interplay and the mix sounds just perfect to my ear. Really nice, heartfelt vocals and great performances all around. I've listened to this with my vsx headphones and with my crappy bluetooth  earbuds and it sounds great with both.

• Thanks 1

• mark skinner changed the title to Flat Rock * Final Mix * (again)